CHAPTER 154 - the rodrigo family

a/n - last chapter (and epilogue) !! PLEASE VOTE !!!!

9 months later
"i think you are the most beautiful boy ever, miles," i whisper as olivia holds him. "are you tired liv?" i ask. "am i tired," she mumbles smiling, "but... i gotta know one thing." "olive," i say, "that's the color." "really?" olivia whispers. "yeah," i smile, "isn't that ironic, olive?" "full circle moment," olivia grins.

2 years later
olivia and i stare blankly at each other as jada and miles play scream at each other while they were playing. "i think i'm gonna go insane," i whisper. "let's check into an insane asylum together," olivia sighs, leaning into me. "isn't it crazy how jada's almost four?" i whisper. "in, like, five months, my love," olivia laughs. "but still! time has flown by," i say. "i know. hey, jada?" olivia calls. "yeah, mama?" jada looks at olivia. "are you hungry?" she asks. "mmm," jada looks down, thinking. i smile as she placing her hand on her stomach, closing her eyes as she continues thinking. "i don't think so, mama," she says, shaking her head. "okay, jada," olivia laughs, "go play with your brother." 

i look at olivia as her hand holds mine. "i'm so grateful i met you," olivia says, looking at me. "me too," i smile, "i couldn't imagine living life without you." "me neither," olivia smiles as her eyes start to tear up.

i chuckle, pulling olivia in for a tight hug.

olivia and i jerk our heads away as miles starts to splash in the bath. "hey!" jada laughs, looking away too. "miles," olivia chuckles, "you're gonna make this whole bathroom a bath soon!" i start to wash shampoo on jada's hair, combing it through. "hey," olivia says to me, "julien and conan's house is almost done." "you know, i still can't believe they got married," i smile. "i know!" olivia laughs, as she starts to bathe miles, "and jess and emma have moved into their house. everything is crazy right now." "is uncle conan and julien living with us?" jada asks, looking up at me. "no," i smile, moving the shampoo off her forehead, "they're building their own house." "like... by themselves? how long would that take?!" she asks, laughing at the thought. "no, my jada," i chuckle, "you hire people to build it for you." "so... they aren't building their house," she says. i sigh, "it's hard to explain. uncle conan and uncle julien tell the people what they want to build for their house and how they want it to look, and the people build it." "like minions?" she asks. olivia and i laugh, and i start to rinse the water off with the shower  "basically," i smile.

jada holds her breath as i wash the shampoo out. "jada, you won't drink the water," i say. "i will, mommy!" jada says, "water is going everywhere!" "there isn't," i laugh, "i promise." "i can feel it." "because it's on your head," i say. "on my face," she says. "liar," i smile. "no," jada smiles. i turn the water off, "okay, there."

i smile as jada cuddles into the towel as she stands on the bath mat. "warm," she whispers. i smile, taking her shirt from the rack. "sorry, towel's going," i say. "quickly," jada says, hugging herself. i laugh, quickly putting on her shirt. 

the next day
i start to brush jada's hair as we get ready to go out for breakfast. "morning affirmations, baby?" i ask. "morning... affirmations," jada says slowly to make sure she pronounces it correctly. "okay," i smile.

"my feelings matter," jada repeats after me. "i am capable of amazing things," i say. "i am cafafle of amazing things," she gives the pronunciation a try. i smile, "my emotions are valid. "my emotions are valid." "i'm smart, brave and strong," i say, starting to braid her hair. "i'm smart, brave and strong." "i'm deserving of respect and i give respect to others," i say. "i'm deserving of respect and..." jada stops, "what was the second part, mommy?" "i give respect to others," i smile. "i give respect to others." "i'm not gonna compare myself to others... i love my mind, i love my body, i love myself."