𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟯𝟯 - 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲

a/n - please vote

"what was that?" i ask olivia as mateo slides the van's door closed. "what was what?" she asks, sliding her shoes off. "um... we'll talk when we're home," i say, remembering everyone else was in the van too. i start up the car, turning the headlights on. "do i smell trouble in paradise?" julien asks from the back. "no," i say, "now shut up before i turn this into a kidnapping situation." "that took a turn," jess mumbles, "must be trouble in paradise." "pushing it, jessica," i say. i only say jess' full name when i'm stern about it. "alright, sorry," she backs down. i lean forward and turn the radio on, "it's cool." i switch to a channel with pop music, and i feel olivia's gaze on me. i look at her before i start driving, seeing that she has an anxious look on her face. 

i look back onto the road, moving my hand over to her. she was quick to intertwine her hand in mine, holding onto it the smallest bit tighter than usual. 

i lead olivia onto the balcony, and she closes the door behind her. we both lean against the railing. "okay, tell me what i did wrong," she says, "just let it all out." i look over at her, seeing her eyes were shut tight and eyebrows furrowed. "what? i'm not gonna yell at you, olivia," i say. she opens her eyes, "huh?" "do you think i'm gonna yell at you?" i ask. "i mean... it's what my other ex's did," she admits. "olivia, i'm never gonna yell at you," i say, standing in front of her as she turns herself around, "i just wanna talk." "okay," she breathes out. i hold both her hands, "you know when we took pictures with the fans?" "yeah." "and you kissed my cheek?" she nods. "i just, wasn't expecting it. you know how social media is," i say, "everyone's gonna think we're dating." "we are," olivia says, "is that a bad thing to be online?" "no! no," i say, "i'm just gonna need to prepare myself if we are gonna go public. i know a lot of celebrities have been getting death threats for dating someone, i'm just scared it'll happen to me. or you." "yeah, i get that," olivia nods, "i'm sorry, i should've thought about it before." "it's totally okay," i say, swinging our arms slightly, "i wouldn't mind going public, okay? i could let the whole world know i'm dating you. not like there's thousands of people speculating us anyways." olivia chuckles. "but i would just need time," i say. "do you think we'd go public one day? like, if you wanted to." "i think one day we'd eventually have to," i say, "and i honestly wouldn't mind. it'd just make my life a little more complicated for a bit depending on what everyone says, and i can't really deal with that right now since i've got my dad's situation." "yeah, i understand," olivia nods again, "thank you for telling me. we'll take our time." "thank you," i smile, "and yeah, we'll go at our own pace, not worrying about anyone else." "yeah," olivia whispers with a smile, pulling my arms closer to her and kissing me.

we start to walk back inside, and i smile. problem solved. communication. but shit, is it sad that olivia thought i was gonna yell at her. "i love you," olivia says before i open the door. i look at her with a smile, "i love you more." olivia smiles widely, and i chuckle, sliding the door open.

i walk to the door as someone knocks on it. i look through though the hole, seeing conan and mateo in front, jess, iris and julien behind them. i open the door, my eyes going to mateo's hand, which was a bottle of vodka. "last day of hawaii calls for a little drink," mateo says. i stand to the side, letting them in.

i sit back next to olivia on the bed, watching conan starting to pour the vodka into shot glasses. "are you gonna have any?" olivia asks softly. "um... no," i say, "you?" "maybe just one," olivia says, "no more than that." "you can drink, olivia, it's just us here." "no, i'll just have one," olivia insists, "two people looking after immature young adults is better than one." i laugh, and mateo calls mine and olivia's name. "you having any?" mateo asks. "no thanks," i respond. "olivia?" he asks, looking at her. "just one, please," she says. "come on y/n," he gives a smile. "no, it's all good," i say. "goody two shoes," he says, turning back around and picking up a shot glass. "here, olivia," he says. olivia stands up, walking and taking it. i watch as she tilts her head back, the vodka sliding down the glass.