CHAPTER 25 - pass

a/n - please vote :)

i yawn as i wake up, hearing olivia giggle. i look over at her, seeing she was facing me, on her phone. "good morning, what time is it?" i ask. "good afternoon. two in the afternoon," olivia smiles, "your cut's practically gone." "i know, my cuts heal fas- wait, two?" "yeah, looked like you needed the sleep," olivia says. "have you eaten?" "no, not yet. i woke up an hour ago." "we'll eat soon," i smile. "okay," olivia chuckles, "how was your sleep?" "amazing," i chuckle, "haven't had a good sleep in months." "cause i'm here, right?" olivia teases. "so true," i say, putting my arm over my eyes. "can i ask you another question?" olivia asks. "sure." "what were you gonna say to me?" "when?" i ask. "the day we... broke up," olivia gives a short pause. "pass," i say. "come on," she laughs, pulling my arm away. we both look at each other, and i look away. "can't say." "why?" she asks, "i mean, i know your biggest secret." "because i just... can't tell you," i say. "could you tell me one day?" olivia asks. "maybe," i whisper. "is it something... that'll stick with you forever?" she asks. "yeah, probably," i answer, "now stop trying to guess." 

olivia laughs, and i look at her with a smile. "can i see the suit?" she asks. "okay," i say, pulling myself up. i take out the suit from the drawer, showing olivia. "why does it look so loose?" she asks. i chuckle, "watch."

i take off my shirt and my shorts, jumping into the suit. "still loose," olivia smiles. "hold on," i laugh, putting the mask on. i push the suit logo, and olivia's eyes widen. "wow," she chuckles, "and i thought it took you an hour to get into a skin tight suit." "technology," i say, taking off the suit and putting my clothes back on, "wanna go out for a late lunch?" "yeah, sounds good," olivia nods with a smile.

i give olivia some of my clothes, and we walk to the garage. i unlock my car, walking to olivia's side. i open the door to me, and she gives a wide smile. "missed this," she chuckles, getting in, "thank you." "me too," i smile, closing the door.

i buckle up, seeing olivia taking off her shoes. i smile, starting the car up.

i park the car on the side, turning off the engine as olivia starts to put her shoes on. i walk to the other side, opening olivia's door as soon as she finishes putting on her shoes. "good timing," she says.

we walk into the restaurant, and i pull out a chair for olivia. she gives me a smile, sitting down.

after we split the bill, we leave the restaurant. "wanna get a drink?" i ask. "sure," olivia smiles. we walk to a nearby boba shop, getting a drink each. i pay for it, and olivia frowns. "it's five dollars, olivia," i say. "we talked about this," she says. "it's five dollars!" i laugh, folding the receipt as we wait. "thank you," she says, hugging me. i smile, hugging her back, "five dollars for a hug." "good trade?" she laughs into my shirt. "good trade," i chuckle, rubbing her back as she pulls away. she looks at me, and we both smile at the same time. "can't stop looking at this," olivia chuckles, moving closer and putting her thumb on my cut. "it'll be gone by tomorrow," i say. "hope so," she says.

a number gets called, and i look down at the receipt, walking up. i take the drinks with a thank you, handing olivia's drink to her.

we walk back to the car, and i open olivia's door for her. she says thank you, getting in. i start to walk back to the other side, something on my car catching my eye. "no!" i frown. "what?" olivia asks after opening the door and poking her head out. "a bird shit on my car," i look at olivia. she laughs, "oh no!" "it's not funny!" i say, getting into the car, "we're gonna go for a car wash." "just because of bird poo?" she smiles. "no, i've been meaning to get a clean in sometime," i say, "the bird poo was my last straw." "the drive-through car washes?" "yeah," i say, placing my drink in the cup holder and starting the car up, "unless you want me to be those high-schoolers who give a free car wash on the side of the road in bikinis while you wait and watch." "wouldn't mind that either," olivia laughs. i chuckle, starting to drive.

i stop the car on the belt, waiting for it to move us forward. "how mad would you be if i rolled down the windows?" olivia asks. "i'd throw you out." "at least i wouldn't have to shower," olivia says and i chuckle.

after the car wash, we drive home.

i open the door for olivia. "not even gonna bother to put my shoes on," she laughs. i smile, and she gets out. i close the door, and we walk in the house.

after olivia helps me make dinner, we lay in bed. "you're not gonna go out?" olivia asks. "what do you mean?" "on your... night patrol, thing." "oh, no," i say, "not tonight. i wanna talk to you." "okay," olivia says, facing me.

i look at olivia, and we stare at each other for what seems like forever. i look away, staring at the ceiling. "why'd you look away?" olivia asks. "because i can," i joke. "so you did," she laughs, moving closer. "because i can." "you're still looking away," olivia says, "do i look bad?" "what? no, you never look bad." "sure," olivia sighs, facing away. "we're playing games tonight?" i chuckle, facing olivia. "nope," olivia responds. "we are," i say. "we aren't." "we aren't." "yeah, exactly. we aren't. you can't trick me," olivia says. i laugh, placing my hand on olivia's shoulder, turning her towards me. "what?" she asks. "are you actually mad?" i ask. "no," olivia laughs, "that's stupid." "you're-" i cut myself off, smiling. "i'm what, huh?" she smiles. "nothing," i chuckle. "finish it," she says, crossing her arms. "you're smart, amazing, talented, one of a kind, prettiest girl on earth." "that's what i thought," olivia laughs.

olivia and i continue to face each other, talking for about ten minutes. "i have this work holiday thing," i explain, "i've got a few weeks off for a holiday if i want." "any time?" olivia asks. "yeah, i just gonna tell kaizen. i've always wanted to go to hawaii," i say. "seriously? me too," olivia laughs, pulling the blanket up. "wanna go?" i chuckle. "for real?" she asks. "yeah," i say, "why not?" "i'd be so down," olivia says. "you could bring your friends and i'll bring some of mine," i suggest. "you're being serious?" "yeah." "oh, then yeah, sure," olivia laughs, "i'll see if conan, iris and madison can go." "scarlett already used her holiday thing this year, so i'll ask jess, mateo and julien," i say. "sounds great," olivia says, "we'll just figure out a date, then."