𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟲𝟯 - 𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁

a/n - please vote

i lay my head on olivia's shoulder. "are you okay? how you feeling?" she asks, scrolling through my instagram comments. "overwhelmed, pretty scared," i chuckle. "ninety-nine percent of the comments are great," olivia says. "ninety-nine percent," i repeat. "y/n, not everyone can love this. not everyone loved my album, but i don't care, it's not their taste," olivia tells me. "you're right," i say, "impossible for everyone to like the same thing." "yeah," olivia says, "ha! someone thought you would've been a mid-forties lady." "the hell? that's another level of insult," i laugh, reading the comment.

olivia turns her phone off, laying her cheek on mine. "is your dad gonna find out?" she asks. "well, probably," i say, "it's gonna be on the news." "it already is... everywhere. how're you gonna handle that?" olivia asks. "don't think that he'll call or text me," i say, "haven't heard from him in a while." "yeah," olivia sighs. "it's cool.maybe it's for the better," i say, taking my head off olivia's shoulder. "maybe," olivia half frowns.

i smile, "like i said, it's alright."

2 weeks later
these past few weeks were chaos, to say the least. kaizen told me to not go to work as it's been busy as hell because of me, and olivia's management team gave us advice, saying olivia should be the one to get the groceries- or basically go out 'until it died down'. olivia was totally okay with it, although i did feel a little guilty. at least i could go out as spider-woman and patrol.

"i'm literally on house arrest as y/n," i groan, walking around the kitchen as olivia laughs from the couch. "you kinda signed up for this when you posted," olivia says. "it's almost been a month!" "it's been two weeks," olivia says. "yeah, basically a month," i say. "no... half-way through the month," she laughs, "don't act like you haven't gone outside, you've been out of the house." i walk over to her, falling on top of her lap, "torture." "well, wanna go out for dinner?" olivia asks. "ugh, i'd love that," i answer.

i close olivia's door as she gets out, and we start walking to the restaurant. so far, so good.

the restaurant was at the end of the street. "damn, why's everyone here tonight?" olivia asks, putting her arm through mine. "'cause i'm here," i joke. "probably," olivia laughs. "hey, oh my god!" i look away from smiling olivia to the couple that was about to walk past us. "you're spider-woman," the girl laughs, "and you're olivia rodrigo." "yeah, hi!" olivia's fan mode kicks in, "how are you guys?" olivia gently pulls me to them as she walks up. "oh, we're amazing," the girl says, "just having a date night." "same," olivia chuckles, nudging me. "y/n, i've been a fan for spider-woman for years," the guy says. "thank you," i chuckle. it was weird for people to suddenly start acknowledging me, but i'd have to get used to it. "no problem," he smiles, "so, what's it like?" "what's what like?" i ask. "being spider-woman," olivia answers. "oh, uh, it's great," i smile. "sick, well, we should probably go," the girl says. we say bye, and olivia and i start walking again. "um... we need to work on the socializing part," olivia smiles hopefully. "did i do something wrong?" i ask as we turn into the restaurant. "no, you're cute when you don't know what to say from a compliment," olivia laughs, "you're just a little awkward." "yeah, i don't take compliments very well," i say, "somehow only from you, which is nice." "probably 'cause you're used to it," olivia laughs as we line up.

i look around, and olivia nudges me again. "don't look around, dimples." "sorry," i look at her, "and yeah, i do need to work on what to say." "it's okay," olivia smiles, "we'll work on that too." i smile as we move up, and i say the reservation.

the lady looks up as i say 'reservation for y/n l/n, please'. "ah, seen you all over facebook," she smiles. "yeah," i chuckle awkwardly. damn, exactly what olivia was talking about. i hear a short laugh coming from olivia's nose. "alright, follow me," she says, walking out of the other side of the desk. i look at olivia, and she was already smiling, shrugging. "don't even," i chuckle, wiping my smile with my hand as we follow the lady.

we sit down, and the lady walks away. olivia starts laughing, "'yeah'." "i'll get up and leave," i laugh, "quit mocking me!" "i'm sorry, it's just cute," olivia says, "i wasn't laughing at you. i was laughing with you." "yeah? then i was laughing with you when you fell from the last step of the stairs a couple days ago," i pull out my card. "okay, we're even," olivia laughs, shoving the menu into my chest.

olivia holds my hand again after we start to leave the restaurant. she holds it extra tight when we start to get swarmed with paparazzi. i squint my eyes slightly at all the flashes, olivia leaning into me for two reasons - comfort and because we could barely move. the paparazzi was practically taking up the whole street.

i let go of olivia's hand, ignoring most of the paparazzi questions as i wrap my arm around the back of olivia. my hand meets her waist, and i find her pocket, leaving my hand in there as we continue to walk. olivia leans into me. "congratulations on coming out," a paparazzi says. "oh, i came out a while ago, but thank you," i smile, knowing how they meant the comment. most of them laugh, but most importantly, olivia lets out a laugh. "i meant with the news being spider-woman," the same paparazzi says. "i know. i was kidding with you," i laugh, "but thank you either way." 

i answer a few more questions, olivia too. luckily, we get to my car. i open the door for olivia with a bit of a struggle as people were so close to us, and i unwrap my arm from her, letting her in. i close the door, looking at the paparazzi as they all start to take pictures of me. "hope you guys all have a good night," i say as i squeeze my way through to the driver's side.

i get into the car, closing the door and letting out a sigh. "i swear there's, like... a thousand of them," olivia says, putting down her sunshade. she reaches over, flipping mine down too so i don't get blinded by the flashing cameras. "yeah, seems like it," i say, starting up the car. "well, i reckon fifty if we're being realistic," olivia admits, buckling up as i drive off.  "forty-seven," i say. "huh?" "there was forty-seven of them," i say, "i counted them all." "how? they were all moving," olivia says. "i don't know, i just did," i chuckle, stopping at a red light. "well i was close," olivia leans back into her chair, "and thank you." "for what?" i ask. "for making sure i didn't get walked over if i tripped or something," olivia says. i look at olivia smiling, "of course. least i could do. but it would've been funny if you did." "no, i don't think so," olivia chuckles, "green light, love." i look on the road, stepping on the pedal. 

i turn right, "so, lesson learnt. don't go out for the next two years." olivia laughs, "seems like it. say goodbye to the outside world, y/n." "nice meeting you, world," i sigh, placing my chin on the steering wheel. "do you regret it?" olivia asks. "no... i knew this was gonna happen, obviously. it'll die down," i say, "plus, i deal with paparazzi from you so i'm getting used to it." "sorry," liv says. "it's okay," i answer, "it'll be alright, just gotta wait it out." "that's the spirit!" olivia says with enthusiasm. i laugh, sneaking a look at olivia. she was already looking at me, smile matching mine.