𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟯𝟵 - 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗲𝘅𝘁

a/n - please. vote.

after we shower, olivia and i get dressed. olivia walks out, and i pick up my phone as it vibrates. i start to walk out the door, flicking the light switch off. i stop walking as i reach the door frame, seeing that one of the texts was from dad. i tap onto the notification, seeing it was more than the whole screen's worth. "are you okay?" olivia asks. i look up at her, nodding, "i'm just gonna be a second." i start to walk to the door, hearing olivia say 'okay'.

i sit on the couch, starting to read the message from the top.

i wipe a tear from my face with the thumb, dropping my phone beside me. i look up, seeing olivia walking to me. i wipe the tear on the other side of my cheek. "hey..." she whispers, sitting beside me and putting a hand on my knee. "i came out here so you didn't have to see this, olivia," i say, closing my eyes and leaning back on the couch. "it's okay," olivia says, moving my hair out of my face, "talk to me when you're ready if you want."

i pick up my phone, glancing at the long message again. i turn my phone off, looking at olivia. she has a patient look on her face, keeping eye contact with me. "my dad texted me," i tell her. "yeah?" she frowns, "you don't have to tell me what he said, you can just tell me how you're feeling." "no, he just started blaming me for everything. he just came home an hour ago and he said that i only moved out because i'm sick of him and i'm tired of him," i tell olivia, "but that's not the reason." "i know," she says, stroking my cheek with her thumb. "and he was saying that i'm not gonna 'survive' long enough living by myself, and he's not gonna let me back in when or if i do come and go and live with my mom," i say, shaking my head. "you're doing well by yourself, right? like money wise?" olivia asks. "yeah, i'm doing more than well," i say. "i was gonna say, i could live with you and help with the bills and stuff, or lend you money," olivia says. "no need for that," i say, "but thank you." "no problem," olivia gives a comforting smile. "yeah, he was just guilt tripping me, asking if he's not a good enough dad and all that shit," i say, "the message was a little worse than normal. i guess it's because he hasn't drank in a while." "i'm sorry y/n," olivia frowns, "are you gonna respond?" "no," i say, "i've learnt that whenever i respond we start arguing." "your read receipts aren't on, are they?" "no, only for you," i say. "are you gonna call your mom?" "i... i don't know. i know she wants me to, but sometimes i don't, just so she doesn't have to worry about it," i say, "do you think i should?" "i don't wanna make your decisions for you, just do what you think is right, okay, my love?" "okay," i look at olivia. we both give a smile at the same time.

"am i too late?" i ask aleen, olivia's manager. "no, she's just about to go on stage! run!" she exclaims. i turn around, running as fast as i can in my high heels.

i stand by the very side of the building, hearing the woman announce olivia's name. i smile widely, leaning against the wall.

after olivia performs her song, she walks off the stage as the crowd cheers, not nearly as loud as i did though. i laugh, jogging backstage again.

i smile as olivia comes running up to me. "i couldn't find you, i got so sad!" she exclaims, hugging me tight. i would've lifted her up, but she wore a dress. "i'm here," i say, letting go after giving one last squeeze. i move back, looking at her outfit, "you look really beautiful." olivia chuckles nervously, "thank you." "and you performed amazingly! you seriously had nothing to worry about," i laugh, holding her hands. "i guess i did," she keeps a wide smile on her face. "you guess? you did amazing, i promise," i chuckle. olivia turns her torso, looking at her manager. "you gotta go out now, olivia," she says. "yeah, two seconds," olivia says, facing me, "i have to go now." "i know," i smile, "you did amazing. i'm so proud of you." olivia hugs me tight, "i love you." "i love you too, now go have fun, okay?" i pull away. "okay," she says, "i'll see you at home." a lipstick kiss stain on my cheek later, i walk to my car.