CHAPTER 142 - zach sang interview

a/n - please vote!

1 month later
i walk up to olivia feeding jada, seeing a mess in her baby bib and her mouth. i chuckle, "saving some for later, hm?" olivia laughs, feeding another spoonful to jada.

olivia and i's last post was christmas, posting a selfie of olivia, jada and i. we've really been m.i.a on social media after we had jada, but everyone could understand. i take this time to look at our christmas post comments. after most of them were saying how cute our family/jada is and other people saying merry christmas, i turn my phone off.

1 week later
i sit on the couch for an interview, olivia sitting beside me, thighs touching. "comfy couch," i chuckle into the microphone that was held up in front of me by a stand. "oh, tell me about it," zach sang smiles.

"so, i just wanna start of and say congratulations for your new baby, jada!" zach congratulations, smiling. olivia and i laugh as him and his crew stand up, clapping. after a standing ovation, olivia speaks. "thank you so much," olivia says. "thank you," i add too, smiling. "you're actually our first interview since we've had jada," olivia tells him. "wow! i feel really honored," he touches his heart, "how is she?" "she's so great," i say, "i could actually talk about her forever." "we've got the time," zach says, "go for it!" "ah... well," i think, "where do you want me to start?" "how'd it feel when olivia found out she was pregnant?" zach asks. "oh, i feel like olivia should answer that, then," i chuckle, looking at olivia. "i was in shock, and denial. i mean, you can't really blame me," she explains, "this has never happened before. my best friend got me two pregnancy tests, and i took the first one. the two lines came up, and my heart dropped. i refused to believe it, at first. but i took the second one, and i told y/n when she came home from work." "how'd you react, y/n?" zach looks at me. "i was... shocked. i went to run tests on my computer and there was a chance olivia could get pregnant, it wasn't there when i checked, like, a year-ish ago," i say, "we did cry, though. tears of joy." 

"that's amazing," zach smiles, "and what about the birth and after?" "olivia did a water birth, and after... we stayed at the hospital for a few hours then went home. as soon as we went home, jada was sleeping in her capsule, so olivia and i just stood there and we were like 'what do we do?'," i say. "yeah," olivia chuckles, "but the first few months were so rough. we were so busy with jada and contantly waking up multiple times during the night to feed jada and send her to sleep," olivia says, "that was mainly y/n's job, though." zach nods understandingly, listening to me talk. "yeah, olivia was going through it, like, a thousand times worse than me, especially with the feeding. so i would wake up every night and feed jada her milk, or if jada needed to be breastfed, olivia would have to wake up at like, three in the morning to feed her," i explain, "we were so sleep deprived it wasn't even funny, it was so hard the first few months."

zach nods, "that seems so... exhausting." "oh, we were so exhausted," olivia says, "y/n planned to go back to work after, like, a month or two, but i literally couldn't take care of jada if y/n wasn't here, i'm just really glad y/n's here." olivia looks at me, and we both smile at the same time. "speaking of y/n being here for me... whenever i would have to breastfeed jada in the middle of the night, y/n would always stay up with me every night," olivia tells zach, "like, she would just sit beside me as i fed jada, no matter what time it was, and we would just talk about our lives, schedules for jada... anything, really. parenting can get a little lonely at times i know i'd feel so lonely when i'm kinda just sitting there breastfeeding while y/n sleeps, but i'm really glad y/n chose to stay up with me even while she was just as sleep deprived as me." "yeah, i just think it's the least i can do," i say, "like, why should i get to sleep if my wife's up at four in the morning, breastfeeding our child, you know? the least i can do is keep her company." "that's so sweet," zach chuckles, "it sounds like so much work. did you guys have time for yourselves or each other?"

olivia and i think. "barely, for the first few months," olivia says, "the only time we'd be able to have quality time without having those conversations as i breastfeed was just sitting on the couch downstairs as jada slept. we were so exhausted but it was the only time we could have quality time with each other." "it did get better, though," i say, "our mom's are really close..." "thank god," zach chuckles. "yeah," i laugh, "so they'd sometimes babysit jada so that olivia and i can go on dates or go out to dinner and just relax, so we're really grateful for them."

zach shifts in his chair, before asking the next question. "what were the toughest things after having a baby?" he asks. "i think work if definitely one," i say, "we have a studio at home where liv and dan, her producer, can just work from there, but i had to adjust my timetable for the time being for my job, but it's back to normal now." "time for yourself is also a factor," olivia adds, "like, time goes by so fast, too. it's crazy to think jada is already nine months old, i swear i just gave birth to her last week." we all laugh. "for me, it took solid 5 or 6 months to fully set in, like, i'm a mom and this is my daughter. now, every week it's a new level of love it gets higher and higher, like building blocks," i explain, "having a child is truly the best." "do you guys want more kids?" zach asks. "oh, we were talking about this earlier," i chuckle, looking at liv. "we do," olivia smiles, "maybe not too many, but since we know the drills and protocols with our first baby, i think we could go for one or two more eventually." "yeah, jada's learning so much but so are we. like, there's no straight up handbook on how to raise a child because it depends on your child's preferences," i say, "but having jada's really made me appreciate life so much more." "that's really sweet," he chuckles.

we eventually get onto the topic of music. "your guys' song 'every universe' was number one on the billboard top 100 for twenty-five weeks," he smiles, "five and a half months! and it's already at almost at 2 billions streams on spotify." "it's actually so bizarre," olivia laughs, "we're so grateful, it's actually mind-blowing." "congratulations," he smiles, "y/n, how did you feel about this?" "it was really overwhelming at the start," i admit, "i kept saying to olivia that i wasn't sure if we should release it, that everyone's gonna hate it, and no-one's gonna listen to it because i was singing in it." "thank god you guys released it," zach smiles. "yeah, it's... really amazing," i say. "was it scary performing at the 'BRITS'?" he asks. "so scary," i laugh, "i think it was my second or third performance ever, so yeah, i was terrified. i'm just glad olivia was beside me."