CHAPTER 122 - ceilings

a/n - please vote

i walk downstairs, yawning. "oh, hey dan," i say, seeing dan drinking a glass of water in the kitchen. "hey y/n," dan grins, placing the glass on the table. i walk to the studio, chuckling as i see olivia, tate, conan and gracie.

i open the door, "morning guys," i say, "pretty early to be here." "morning," they all say, olivia standing up and walking to me. "good morning," she whispers, kissing me for a second before giving me a hug. "good morning," i say softer, rubbing her back.

i sit beside conan, leaning into him. conan puts his arms around me, "hey, pookie!" i laugh, pushing myself off him.

he laughs too, and i lean into tate instead. tate laughs, putting her arm around me instead. i look at dan walking in, olivia putting headphones on. "wait, what're you guys doing here?" i ask, "not in the rude way, obviously." "we're actually all collaborating on gracie's song," tate says. i gasp, "no way! all four of you guys on a song?" "yep!" gracie exclaims. "oh, this is gonna be insane," i laugh, "can i hear it?" "we're only got the instrumentals," dan says. "because olivia keeps laughing through her takes!" conan laughs. "it's- you guys are making me laugh!" olivia laughs. "that's okay," i chuckle, "can i hear it?" "sure," dan says and i look onto the computer screen. he goes to the start, pressing play.

i smile as an acoustic guitar part starts to play by itself. "how pretty," i smile. dan stops it, "it's like that throughout the first verse and chorus, then it gets a little more intense. you'll see it... if olivia stops laughing!" we all laugh, and olivia shakes her head. "okay, i got this," olivia says.

we all stay quiet as they start to record. i smile at olivia as she stares at the floor, waiting for her queue. "ceilings... plaster, can't you just make it move faster?" she sings, "lovely to be sitting here with you..."

olivia looks at me as she sings the next line, "you're kinda cute but it's." dan presses a button on the keyboard, and olivia takes a step away from the microphone. we listen back, all with a big smile. "that's a solid take," dan confirms. "finally," conan says. "hey!" olivia laughs. "alright... you're up, tate," dan says. i lean off of gracie as she stands up. "i'm nervous," tate laughs. "you'll be great," olivia smiles, sitting where gracie was.

tate waits for olivia to finish her part before she starts singing. "raining harder, my shoes are now full of water, lovely to be rained on with you. it's kinda cute but it's," tate sings, eyes closed. dan stops, and they all clap. not knowing that's where tate stops, i join in with the clapping. "one take," gracie says, "see that, liv? not ten!" "shut up!" olivia laughs.

"so short," gracie sings, scrunching her face slightly as she holds onto the headphones, eyes closed, "then you're driving me home, and i don't wanna leave, but i have to go... you kiss me, in your car and it feels like the start of a movie i've seen before."

we spend the whole day in the studio, having breaks to eat. we all listen to the first rough take of the full song. olivia wraps her arm around me and i lean into her as we all sway on the couch, dan laughing.

"holy shit, that is so good," i say after the song ends. "we need to add harmonies," dan says, looking at tate, "we were thinking of olivia doing the first harmonies in the verse where tate says 'raining harder' and 'water'." "yeah, we can try it out." "then conan singing the lower harmony when olivia sings 'bedsheets, no clothes. touch me like nobody else does, lovely just to lay here with you'," dan says. "all of that?" conan asks. "yeah," dan nods.

i bring the viewfinder of my camera to my eye, looking at olivia. she smiles, doing two peace signs. i take the picture with flash, and olivia scrunches her face up, still smiling. 

i take candid picture of everyone, then i stretch my hand out, making sure to get everyone in the frame for a selfie. "dan, hurry up!" olivia says. "man, i'm doing my job!" he laughs, getting off the chair. he stands behind the couch, and olivia pressing her lips on my cheek, and i laugh as conan kisses my other cheek.

i smile and close my eyes, taking the picture. 

2 days later
olivia walks into the bedroom, "have you seen my phone? i lost it." i laugh, shaking my head, "you took it with you when you left the room." olivia groans, "i can't find it!" "do you want me to call you?" i ask. "it's on silent," olivia says, "but my vibrations are on." "i'll try," i say, picking up my phone.

olivia walks downstairs as i call her phone. "i can't find it!" olivia yells. i laugh, getting out of bed. i hang up, calling her again to reset the call. i listen for vibrations, following it when i hear it.

olivia follows me, and i walk to the studio. i walk towards the couch, placing my hand in between the crevice of the couch, pulling out olivia's phone. she laughs, hugging me, "thank you. what would i do without you?" 

i smile, hugging her back, "i don't like to think about that." "i know," olivia says, "me either." i sigh, and olivia pulls away, her arms still around my neck. she smiles, and i give her a weak one. "are you okay?" olivia asks. i think for a few seconds, "um... i'll be okay if you come to bed with me." olivia laughs, and i lift olivia up.

she squeals as i place her over my shoulder, starting to walk upstairs.

i place olivia on the bed, kissing her. olivia's hand go to my jaw, kissing me back. i pull away, laying on her chest. "are you okay now?" olivia asks, playing with my hair. she picks up a section letting it drop slowly. 

i close my eyes, "i think so." "okay," olivia says, kissing my head. "thank you," i whisper, "for everything, pretty girl." "you're welcome," olivia giggles, "i love you, fiancee."

olivia leans against me as i hold the umbrella up. she wraps her arm around my arm that was holding up the umbrella. i look up, making sure the umbrella was 100% covering olivia from the pouring rain. "are you cold?" i ask. "a little," olivia says, "i'll be alright if this damn light goes green!" i laugh, "sorry, i'll just make it go green." "okay, go," olivia looks at me, smiling. "three, two, one," i say, repeating after it didn't go on the cue, "three, two one..."

"three, tw-" the pedestrian light goes on, and olivia laughs. "one! did it," i smile, and we start to walk. "liar," olivia says, "oh... camera." i look in front, seeing a guy holding a professional camera at us. "i wonder if he minds getting wet," i say. "ew!" olivia laughs. "no! not like that, liv!" i laugh too, "by the rain!"

i wait for olivia to get in, covering her with the umbrella. she pecks my lips, getting in.

i get into the car, a little wet as i had to put the umbrella in the trunk. "now you're wet," olivia giggles. "you're so immature," i laugh, turning on the car. olivia outs the heated seats on, and i reverse out of the car park. i place my hand on olivia's thigh, and she places her hand on top of mine, playing her playlist.

olivia and i wait in the traffic as it rains, the wind wipers wiping the windscreen every few seconds. i sigh, leaning my head back as i rub my thumb back and forth on olivia's thigh. olivia copies my sigh. "shut up," i laugh. olivia lifts my hand up, and i watch as she bites my thumb. "can i crack your knuckles?" she asks after taking my thumb out. "sure," i laugh, wiping my thumb on olivia's pants. 

i wince loudly as olivia cracks my index finger, "ow, liv!" olivia gasps, letting go of my hand. i laugh at olivia's terrified face. "you're so annoying!" she laughs, pushing me.

another a/n - i planned for something to happen which is not good but i kinda regret it should i change it back or leave it