CHAPTER 133 - every universe

an - please vote!

i watch olivia write things in her composition book. "do you think the part y/n could play should be the end chorus?" dan asks, "but have it keep a steady pace for the other choruses?" "totally," olivia nods, "what do you think, y/n?" "it's your song," i smile, "do whatever feels right."

i play the piano, listening to olivia sing and add the lavender into the song. "sing the chorus with me, love," olivia whispers.

i start to sing the chorus, referring back to the notebook every so often. i sing, smiling as olivia harmonises with me, looking at me, "in hopes that you feel the same, about me... about us... about love... and even if our stars don't end up aligning, there's a silver lining between... maybe... in every universe, you'd love me, too."

i stop singing after the chorus, and olivia squeals as i stop playing. "that was so good!" she exclaims, "y/n please. be on the track." "no," i laugh, "i don't sing, liv!" "you do," dan smiles, pointing his phone at us, putting it down. "oh my god, send that to me, please," olivia smiles at dan. "i will," dan looks at me, "trust me, y/n. as a producer who's done this for years, your voice compliments olivia's so well." "i don't know," i say. "you do!" olivia smiles widely, "please, y/n. you always say you want what's best for me. i promise you this is the best song i've written."

i sigh, smiling in defeat. 

we spend another hour in the studio, before dan had to go home. olivia closes the door, hearing it click. she runs up to me, squealing as she jumps onto me, wrapping her arms and legs around me. "you're so incredible," olivia says, "i hate how we just found out you're a musical genius. but i'm so glad we did." i smile, wrapping my arms around her.

_____________________

⚪️oliviarodrigo

liked by conangray, irisapatow and 156,395,248 others

oliviarodrigo   found out y/n is a musical genius. 'every universe' IS OUT NOW?!?! LINK IN BIO IS YOU WANNA HEAR MY WIFE SING!!! EVERY! SINGLE! INSTRUMENT! YOU! HEAR! IS! Y/N! PLAYING! IT!!!!!!!

view all 15,394,444 comments

y/nl/n   AHHHHHHHHHHHH

y/nl/n   I LOVE U TO THE SUN AND BACK

conangray   STREAMING THIS TILL I DIE

irisapatow   YOU GUYS.

taylorswift   Song of the century!

jessangelie   HOLY SHIT

user4   THIS IS THE BEST SONG

user9   GRAMMYS HERE THEY COME

user103   Y/N'S VOICE IS BEAUTIFUL

user3   MUSIC VIDEO WHEN?!?!?

user66   I LOVE THEM SO MCUH

user10   THIS IS THE CUTEST SONG EVER

_____________________

3 days after the release

_____________________

Pop Crave @PopCrave · 3 days
"every universe" by Olivia Rodrigo and her wife, Y/n Rodrigo, hits #1 worldwide on all streaming platforms, with a total of 15 million streams on release day; 300 million, 3 days later. She has become the first artist in history to achieve this.

385 retweets | 102 quote tweets | 1,934 likes

_____________________

i hold olivia's hand as we walk onto the stage of the building, smiling as i see olivia's fans. there was a small q and a that olivia and i held for the release of 'every universe', with about fifty-ish people getting an invite.

"thank you," i say after someone hands me two microphones. i hand one to olivia and we sit down on the couch. "hi guys!" olivia says into the microphone, waving to the fans naturally. "hey everyone," i say, smiling as olivia looks at me.

olivia holds my hand and places it into her lap as we listen to the ten year old girl ask her question. "um... how did you find out y/n was so good at making music?" she asks. olivia chuckles, looking at me before looking back at the crowd. "it's a funny story, actually," she says, "i was in the living room, and i heard this really beautiful sound coming from my piano. it was just y/n and i at our house. i walked over and saw y/n on the piano. she-" olivia cuts herself off, whispering in my ear, "can i tell them that you have synesthesia?" i smile and nod. "yeah, so y/n has synesthesia, which means she can see colors and some shapes with music. she thought it was normal to have, and that everyone could see them. she just plays. no one taught her how to. then... we made the song together with dan, of course."

"favorite thing y/n does for you?" a guy asks olivia. "ooh! i love this question," olivia squeals, thinking. i look at olivia as she thinks of an answer. "there's so many things i love," olivia says, "but my all-time-favorite is when she rubs my back. every single night, y/n rubs my back with her fingers when i go to sleep, drawing and tracing random things. it's the most therapeutic thing ever, it feels so good." i laugh, and the crowd talks over one another.

"how did you come up with the idea for the song?" someone asks. olivia looks at me, signalling for me to answer if i want. "do i start in paris?" i ask olivia. "yeah," olivia smiles, squeezing my hand. "olivia and i were walking around in paris while she was on her sweet tour," i say, looking at liv to take over. "i asked y/n if she she thinks we'd fall in love in paris in another life," olivia explains, the crowd 'aw'ing'. olivia chuckles, "y/n said, 'i think we'd fall in love all over the world in different multiverses'." the crowd does an even big 'awww', and i laugh, keeping my eyes on olivia. "she explained to me what a canon event is; it's when something happens in every universe that's necessary for the development of someone," olivia looks at me and smiles, looking away, "and she said that she thinks us falling in love is one."

the crowd cheers and olivia and i laugh. olivia lays her head on my shoulder, and i bring the microphone to my mouth. "actually, i think there's a random video of us kissing," i laugh, "that was after i said that. you can probably find it online. time skip to when liv and dan got me to play something while they figure out a lyric and melody for the piano," i explain, "then olivia got me to figure something out, so i just did a rough outline of the chorus that was, i guess, inspired by the night in paris. turns out the lyrics made it into the final cut."

olivia stand up, waving as we say bye to the crowd. she leads me to the back with her hand, smiling as she looks back at me.