Good Things Come to an End

Here's another update. Enjoy!!!

I can't remember the last time I've had this much fun, but going to trivia night with Barry, Iris, and Eddie has been amazing. Barry and I are killing it on every turn and it's fun getting to know Iris and Eddie. Since the Particle Accelerator exploded I've been doing damage control and have had little time to do anything else. It was nice acting like a normal twenty-something-year-old who had more in their life than work.

"I'm sorry I thought I knew it." Eddie apologizes for getting a question wrong. "I got excited and I...I just hit it."

"No, I mean, maybe they'll get it wrong too."

"You're too sweet. I'm sure the team dressed as characters from Star Wars doesn't know the name of Han Solo's ship." I pat Barry's hand as we all look over to the team fully dressed as their favorite characters.

"Oh, honey you are so cute when you're confused." Iris kisses Eddie trying to make him feel better. His phone rings.

"Someone spotted Snart. I gotta go." He grabs his coat and Barry's not too far behind. Now it's just Iris and me.

"So?" She has the biggest grin on her face.

"What?" I take a sip of my drink.

"Come on what's with you and Barry?"

"Nothing we're just beginning to have a friendship."

"I know this may be overstepping my boundaries but are you I don't know like being with him?"

"I mean tonight has been the most fun I've had in a long time. He's really smart and tells some corny jokes. He's different from any other guy I've been with."

"Ex-boyfriends tell me everything."

"I don't..."

"Come on we got to know each other a little when Barry was in the coma. I know you're really smart and you know that Barry is basically a brother to me. Come on I don't' have that many girlfriends."

"Fine, what do you want to know?" I figure I can let her know somethings in order to keep her from other things.

"How many boyfriends?"

"Wow getting straight to the personal stuff." I chuckle and Iris keeps beaming.

"Come on, spill."

"Fine, I guess I've only had two real boyfriends."

"Only two?"

"Yeah, I was busy most of my life. Didn't really have time for relationships." I explain and I notice she's holding on to every word.

"And these two boyfriends was there a pattern in I don't know physical appearance? Or personality?"

"Uh, are you asking if I have a type in the guys I date?"

"Just getting to know you and the best way to know someone is understanding the type of people they date. I mean Eddie is sweet and a lot of clueless, but he's courageous and handsome. Come on tell me a little about them." Iris begs.

"They both in some way drastically changed my life in ways that I can't explain."

"Was the breakup hard?" I nod my head. "Oh, you don't have to tell me about them if..."

"No, I should tell you. I haven't really told anyone about my past. But they both broke my heart. The first one died when I needed him most and the other I changed into someone I never want to be again. But they both taught me what it means to stand on my own without worrying about falling."