Doppelgänger

I loved this chapter. It's going to get interesting from here. Please enjoy.

"Anna?"

"I think after all this time we should know each other's names, Barry." She smiles at me and it makes my heart flutter.

"I...how are you?" I ask loving hearing her voice.

"Working hard to make a living."

"And you work here?" She looks at me like I said something so strange.

"You know I've always worked here Barry. Well, would you like anything else?" She looks to Joe with a smile on her face. "On the house."

"Another scotch neat Annie, thank you." Joe orders and Anna's doppelganger leaves and I'm in shock. "You better stop checking her out or I will kill you." Joe threatens me.

"Are you upset with me? Or you just...you just don't like me?"

"Have you lost your mind? Central City is going to hell in a handbasket because of this lunatic Zoom is running around killing folks, and you let my daughter on the front lines."

"What...what me?" I ask confused about how this Earthworks.

"It has always been about you, Bartholomew. You're the most selfish person I've ever met. And I'm a musician, we're all selfish. You wanted to get your Ph.D. so you could further your career, and she became a police officer to pay your tuition. We both know that she'd be safer going back to write at the newspaper."

"Oh, Dad, please stop." Iris comes back now. Joe scoots over for her. "CCPN was an internship. All I did was get coffee for the real writers. Being a cop like grandma is what I love. You raised me to be tough, and I am." Iris defends her decisions to Joe who doesn't say anything.

"Everything's fine. And we're having fun, right?" I state with a fake smile to Joe and Iris.

"Right. Everything great."

"Here you go, Joe." Anna reappears with Joe's second drink that I can see him with.

"Thank you, Annie." He hands her a generous tip.

"And Detective West are you sure there isn't anything I can get you?" She asks and Iris looks at her cold which I've never seen her do.

"Like I've said before you can find someone else's husband to fawn over mine is off-limits."

"I meant no disrespect..."

"No, I know what you meant. Coming over here dressed like this." She motions and I finally see that Anna's doppelganger is dressed in a Playboy bunny outfit. "You can leave."

"I'm sorry." She leaves without another word.

"Iris why...she wasn't doing anything."

"You think I don't know what goes on between the two of you." She fires back at me in such anger that I haven't seen before from Iris. "I understand you wanted to help her after what happened..."

"What happened to her?" I ask not sure what she is referencing too.

"Her brother was murdered and you tried catching the killer. You were overly involved and...I know you two got close to each other. But that is done. You said you were done with her."

"Iris, I never want to disrespect you. I...Can we talk about how Joseph doesn't like me." I change the subject and her face softens a little.

"What's there to talk about? I mean, you can't stand him either." She reminds me and it makes me feel sad for my Earth 2 doppelganger.