This is Only the Beginning

Thank you all for the support you have given me through this. I never thought I could write one chapter let alone finish book 1 of my Anna Wayne series. Enjoy the last chapter.

Earlier that night

"You're a good man H.R. and...I could use a good man to help me with something." I say to H.R. with seriousness in my voice.

"I'll do anything. Please, let me be that good man." He begs me and I smile.

"You'll have to do exactly as I say. No faltering or anything." I order and he nods his head. "Let's go then." I take the piece of Savitar's armor from the box and it lights up leading us to him. It leads us to a warehouse where we sneak in finding Iris tied up near a desk.

"H.R? Anna?" Iris whispers to us. "Hi."

"Hi." H.R. whispers as he unties Iris. "Let's get you out of here." H.R. says to her as I keep a lookout.

"Where is everybody else?" Iris asks looking around.

"Couldn't tell...Barry or Savitar would know we were coming." I explain to her.

"Let's get you out of here." H.R. says as we get Iris standing up but the piece of armor goes flying straight to Savitar and Killer Frost who see us.

"Run." I order and we take off. We get to a gate and stop.

"We can't outrun them." Iris says out of breath.

"No, we can't." I say to her and H.R. I take out the transmogrifier and turn myself into Iris. Iris turns into H.R. while H.R. turns into Tracy.

"What are you doing?" Iris asks me.

"Changing history." I smile at her.

"And why did you make me H.R.?"

"In case they catch you, they still won't know who is who. Don't need to make it easy on them." I open a breach. "Go now."

"Annelise we're..."

"This is the part where you don't falter H.R. take Iris and go." I order him.

"Anna please..." I raise my wrist and they both go crashing through the breach and it closes.

"Not so fast now are you?" Killer Frost sneaks up behind me.

"They wanted to save me and I...I don't want to run." I explain to her. Killer Frost raises her icy hands at me.

"Try something like that again..."

"And what you'll kill me?" I ask her and she lowers her hands. "I already have my death waiting for me. Threatening me right now does no good." I stand my ground with her.

"Move." She orders me back to the warehouse.

__________________________________
Barry's POV

"Anna!" I sob as I hold her close to me. "I...this wasn't supposed to happen. I...."

"B.A." H.R. comes running down joined by Iris and Joe.

"What happened? Why...why was she in Iris' place? Why..."

"It was her plan all along Barry." Iris speaks up with tears in her eyes as I still hold Anna's lifeless body in my arms.

"It's true B.A. she...she wanted this."

"I...I don't understand. Why would she leave me why..." Anna's arm twitches.