Double The Lies

I loved shocking you all. It took me so long to get to this point due to figuring out how to make it work. I hope you all enjoy this update. And thank you always for the support.

Adrian finally knocked out from the pain medication and complete exhaustion. Barry's name pops on my screen and I kiss Adrian's cheek before heading out into the hall. "Hey Bar..."

"Are you okay?!" He yells.

"Barry I'm fine."

"Someone shot up The Mayor's office where you were and you're just fine!"

"Barry I wasn't hurt. Adrian actually took a bullet for me."

"He did what?"

"The shooter shot into Oliver's office and Adrian got me out harm's way."

"How is he?"

"Luckily it wasn't too serious. He's finally resting now." 

"I knew I shouldn't have left you."

"Barry there was nothing you could do."

"I could have kept a lot of people from dying!"

"You would have blown your cover!" I try to keep my voice down. "It was hectic. I wish no one had to die but there are some deaths you can't prevent."

"Anna...I...I lost it when I heard about the shooting."

"Barry I'm fine. We're all fine. You have to know that."

"I miss you, Anna." I sigh knowing where this is going.

"Barry we..."

"I know you've moved on but I won't stop fighting for us."

"Barry I have to go A..."

"You're going back to him."

"He was just shot, Barry. So yeah I'm going back." I hear him sighing and I can already picture him pacing around. "Goodbye, Barry." I hang up the phone and head back in. Adrian is still knocked out but it doesn't make it easier. I never want anyone to get hurt when they are around me but that feels like how it's going to be.

__________________________________
"Are you sure you're ready to go back to work?" I ask Adrian who is still sore from being shot.

"I can't stay in bed all day." He leans over to me on his bed and kisses me. "As much as I would love it. For many reasons."

"Oh, I can give you lots of reasons." I wink at him.

"A lot is going on with three prisoners escaping and going on a killing rampage looking for something."

"I understand Star City needs its D.A."

"That she does. But I will be whatever you need when I'm done."

"Babe." I get up on my knees and scoot over to him on the edge of the bed. I place my hands on his bare shoulders smiling at him. "You'll never be done. You take your work home with you and it's one of the many things I admire about you."

"Oooh. Tell me more." He moves his lips to my neck and I try to keep it together.

"You said you need to go to the office."

"I could wait a few minutes."

"Good." I bring him back down with me.

__________________________________
"They are doing what?" I ask in shock. This was supposed to be a dinner date in his office and now it's turned to hey Oliver and I are being looked into for covering up a detectives death.