Healing

I'm getting so excited for you all to read what I have come up with. Please enjoy.

3rd Person POV

"Anna we're right here." Iris calls out to Anna as she squirms in the medical bed from the pain.

"Elevated heart rate. Temperature's 104." Caitlin explains.

"The decay is reaching her subcutaneous tissue." Julian adds.

"I'm here, all right? What happened?" Barry demands from everyone.

"Yorkin went after me." Iris states. She was defending me and she somehow got me to safety as she reappeared in my place and he grabbed her arm." Iris explains with tears in her eyes.

"Why didn't you call me?" Barry looks at Cisco.

"Because I was here." Wally says through tears

"You call me! All right?" Barry yells and Wally feels like a failure. "We have to fiver her something. There has to be something to give her."

"It's not bacteria. Antibiotics won't work." Caitlin informs Barry.

"We have to do something. Nothing's not an option." Joe states not liking this scene before him.

"Okay, what do you do when a banana ripens too quickly?" Cisco asks. "Put it in the freezer."

"That's brilliant. Caitlin, you can freeze her arm. It'll stop the spread of the decay and give us some time to find a cure." Caitlin shakes her head in fear.

"Don't do it Cait." Anna exclaims to her. "It's not worth it."

"Anna I..."

"It's okay."

"Please, Caitlin. She...she needs you."

"Barry she shouldn't have to do this." Anna states.

"Caitlin please." Barry begs his friend.

"Cait..." Anna looks to her but Caitlin notices everyone's eyes on her. How can she choose between herself and her best friend?

"I can't even if I wanted to. We're not talking about a cold blast. This is a specific and continuous cold stream." Caitlin explains to everyone the flaw in their plan.

"Too high a temperature and the decay spreads, too low and the frostbite will destroy your nerve endings."

"So, it's just like the best day ever." Anna jokes through the pain.

"And that long using my powers, I could lose control." Caitlin has fear in her voice as she looks at her deteriorating friend.

"Caitlin." Iris speaks up making her look in her direction. "You are strong, okay. Stronger than you know. You are not going to lose control."

"Caitlin, try, please." Barry begs again. The infected area spreads further up Anna's arm. Caitlin takes off her necklace and places her hands on Anna's wrist. She releases a continued cold stream stopping the spread.

"It worked." Cisco announces.

"You okay?" Barry asks his friend.

"So far, so good."

"Wally, where are you going?" Joe asks his son who already leaves the room.

"Out of the way where I can't screw up again." Wally leaves and it pains Barry to see Anna in this condition but with her vitals showing improvement, he kisses her forehead and heads after Wally.

__________________________________
Barry heads over to Julian after conversing with everyone about who is the next target from Flashpoint. So far Anna's condition is stable but that doesn't mean it will stay that way. "Hey, Julian. You have anything?"