Touch of Death

Here's another update. Let me know what you think.

Barry has it in his mind that Iris can be saved if Wally is the one running to save her and not him. So that means speedster race offs. "Cisco, you good?"

"Ladies and gentlemen, the Central City Speedster 500 is about to begin. But first, I've got five-to-one odds Barry takes down Wally." Cisco turns to us with his phone in his hand. "Any takers?" H.R. is up out of his seat before anyone else.

"Yep. Game of speculation? Are we...we're betting? Yeah, no, I'm in. On my Earth, financial wagering was banned after an unfortunate incident with Vice President Al Capone."

"Well, lucky for you, you live here now." Iris states to him patting his shoulder.

"Yes." H.R. is so excited.

"Put me down for 20 for Barry." Iris tells Cisco.

"Joe, got to be in it...come on." H.R. points his drumsticks at Joe with excitement.

"No, not me. That's Sophie's Choice I'm gonna not gonna make."

"$80 on Barry. Mama needs a new confocal microscope." Caitlin joins.

"Anna?" Cisco asks.

"50 on Barry."

"All right, H.R. you put your life in my hands, so I know for a fact you like high stakes. How much you in for?"

"Wallace's recent speed tests ensure that he is a lock. Put me down for an Abe Lincoln."

"A what?" I ask him.

"Uh, 100. Whatever 100 is on this Earth, put me down for that."

"Guys, we're ready." Barry calls over the intercom.

"All right, all right. All beats are in, and may the odds be ever in your favor."

"You watch that movie way too many times." I tease Cisco.

"Not my fault it's on almost every weekend. Okay, gentlemen, start your engines." Barry and Wally take off and they are neck and neck with each other for most of the way. "At the first maker, 1/3 of the way in, Flash is in the lead...or is that Kid Flash?" Cisco can't tell since they are so close.

"Kid Flash!" H.R. exclaims with pride. "Come on, little Joseph, go. Come on, mama needs a new pair of shoes. Come on Wallace, down the lane!" H.R. continues to cheer on Wally.

"I think he's done this before." Iris comments to me and I laugh at H.R.'s antics.

"Ooh, second marker. Wally's in the lead." Cisco tells us with excitement.

"Yeah, Wallace! That's my boy!"

"You mean that's my boy." Joe corrects H.R.

"That's your boy. I want to double down. I want to double down on that right now."

"And I can see why gambling was banned in Earth-19." I state looking at how eager H.R. is to double his beat.

"Oh, H.R., big spender. You serious?"

"Serious? Serious as a heart attack, Rich." Iris and I share a look and continue to cheer on Barry as the race comes near its end.

"Guys, they're neck and neck." Iris exclaims.

"And almost at the finish line."

"Oh!" We cheer as Barry wins.

"Oh, yes! Pay up." Iris holds her hand out for H.R. who is shocked that he lost so much money.