[-- ---- -------] (III)

The person on the bed groggily looked to him, "Bao... Bao?"

His voice was raspy and very quiet. He weakly coughed making his whole body trembled. He was like a frail leaf that would get blown away by the lightest wind. Bao Bao darted over to him and pulled him into his arms as he wailed.

[Wuuu. Host, Bao Bao missed you so much! *sob* Bao Bao thought that host wouldn't wake up, anymore. Bao Bao was so lonely!

Host.. Bao Bao is sorry. *sob* Bao Bao is sorry. Bao Bao is so sorry.... *sob* Why didn't you tell me anything, host? Bao Bao was so worried when you came back, you soul was barely stable. If... If Bao Bao had been one second later, *sob* your soul would've scattered! *sob*]

Ains leaned on Bao Bao's shoulder and closed his eyes, "It's... okay."

After a long time, he finally whispered, "I'm... back..."

This only made Bao Bao tighten his hold on Ains and cried harder.

[Welcome *sob* back, host.]

The two of them stayed together like that until Ains' breathing evened out and he fell asleep once again. Bao Bao wiped his runny nose and tears and gently laid Ains back on the bed. He had never seen his host so weak before, it made Bao Bao only become more resolute in becoming a better system for his host. He laid down right besides him and cuddled with Ains. Bao Bao won't disappoint you next time, host. Bao Bao will protect you next time... Bao Bao won't let you get hurt anymore.

The next time Ains opened his eyes, Bao Bao was sitting right besides him with some sort of material in his hands. He felt extremely exhausted and wanted to close his eyes and continue sleeping, but he stopped himself. Ains slightly opened his eyes and looked at Bao Bao. Before he didn't pay attention to how Bao Bao had looked like. Now he could observe Bao Bao and Ains could see that Bao Bao had matured.

He didn't know how long it's been since he came back. Ains, "How... long?"

Bao Bao wryly smiled.

[About a thousand years, host...]

Ains, "..."

He was too tired to respond, but he wasn't entirely shocked by what Bao Bao told him. This was a better outcome than what he had expected to happen. He had prepared himself to die once he was sent back, but little did he think that Bao Bao would save him just at the last second.

[Do you... want to hear the results, host?]

Ains murmured very lightly. It like the sound of a pin dropping onto the floor in the gymnasium, "...Mmn."

Bao Bao looked at his host who looked as if he was sleeping and hesitantly opened his mouth.

[Because host agreed to a difficulty increase, the world's difficulty was raised from 'B' to 'S'. You were able to complete both the main tasks and the side missions, and have been awarded with 175,000 points for the main tasks and 160,000 points for the side missions.

Host was able to complete six hidden missions and have been allotted with 765,000 points. Unfortunately, host did not complete all the hidden mission and cannot receive the option to choose two skills.

Host's total points goes up to 1.1 million points.

...Would host like to learn a skill?]

Ains, "..."

[Host?]

Ains, "..."

There was no reply. Bao Bao tilted his head and observed Ains and found out that the lad had fallen asleep. He looked worriedly at Ains and turned back. Bao Bao opened the system store. He scrolled through the numerous items that were available. Since his host had fallen asleep, there had been some newly added items in the shop. Bao Bao knew what the kind of item he was looking for and quickly sought out so see there was going to be anything like it in newly added items. He could almost recite everything inside as he had looked inside of it almost every day.