My Dear Emperor (XIII)

A/N: Dealing with a cold or something... Feeling nauseous, tired, having a sore throat, runny nose, and even coughing. Life is great at times. Peace~ ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

---

During the banquet many different types of drinks and food were brought out for everyone to enjoy. All of the nobility and ministers had poison testers to try their foods before they were to eat it, while the lower class who couldn't afford or didn't have one ate with caution in case there was any poison. One can never too careful, even if times were at peace currently it did not mean that one would not take the advantage to strike. Many of the poison testers grew pale as the food came about, some of them were like a sheet of paper and at any moment they would get blown away. It could mean the end of their life at worst if someone was very daring and tried to assassinate someone at this event and if they were lucky, they would live just to serve as a poison tester on another day. Even if they didn't want to, they had to do it whether their role was forced upon them or not this was their job.

Bao Bao had changed his clothes and was wearing male servant attires. He stood guard over the entrance of the tent. Watching the female servants go pass by, they all ducked their heads down as they carried trays and trays of food. The area soon to be cleared out and he really wanted to go and watch the show. He turned to one of the male servants that were supposed to follow the entourage of people, "Stay here, I will go with them."

The servant stared at Bao Bao with a deadpan face. Why do you seem so excited to go? They nodded and looked at Bao Bao who was almost skipping as he followed them. He was almost out of the area when a voice was heard, "Who are you? What are you doing here?"

Bao Bao pursed his lips. Ah shibal... he was just almost out.... Just that last couple of steps to go. He composed his face and turned around, the rest of the . The moment he laid eyes on the person, his throat tightened and he wanted to run away... Ah curse his mother, curiosity really killed the cat. Why couldn't he had just done his job and leave? Why was he so eager to go and watch a show in which he already knew the outcome? He rubbed his head inwardly, and why did it have to be him of all people who stopped him?

Bao Bao cleared his throat and saluted to the person, "My name is Diao Si¹. We are sending food for the banquet."

Wu QingJue observed Bao Bao intently as he remained quiet, "..."

Bao Bao had to remain in his awkward position because the other hadn't let him get up yet. Silence pervaded the air and by the nine minute mark, Bao Bao wanted to stab the other person. Curse you to your ancestor's eighteenth generation! Bao Bao's back aches. Ah, ah, ah. Don't you know that Bao Bao is a grandfather?! Ah, it aches... Bao Bao was inwardly complaining at the other. Wu QingJue could see them starting to tremble and dismissed the other servants, "All of you but him can go."

The rest of the retinue scuttered away leaving only Bao Bao by himself.... Still stuck in that accursed position. He really wanted to cry at this moment and light a candle for his back, if only he could deactivate his skill and flee right now. Unfortunately it had a locked set duration and could not be cancelled therefore leaving Bao Bao to suffer. He sent a word to his host of his mishap.

<Host... Bao Bao is currently in a little predicament right now... Bao Bao will come to you after Bao Bao has escaped.>

Xu XiuLan furrowed his brows.

<Are you okay?>

Bao Bao could only laugh at his situation right now.

<Yes! Bao Bao is fine, just going to be caught up a little. Don't worry! Bao Bao will be back very soon!>

<En. Come back soon and be safe.>

Hearing those encouraging words from his host, Bao Bao felt that his lower back didn't hurt as much anymore and the urge to tear this despicable person a new hole has also waned a little. He felt as if he had just eaten a bag of sweets and couldn't care less what this bastard was holding him back for. He also didn't care about the show that he had wanted to see so much that got him here in the first place.

Wu QingJue raised his brow. He could sense the aura around this little servant change at the blink of an eye. It had been gloomy and filled with dissatisfaction, and then suddenly it mellowed out and became warm and tamed.

He turned away and flicked his sleeves, "Follow me."

Bao Bao's mood plummeted at those words. 'Follow me' your mother! Why don't you follow yourself?! Bao Bao is quite busy, you know? Bao Bao gritted his teeth as he followed behind Wu QingJue. He was planning on how to get back at Wu QingJue later when his duration wore off. He would make them regret what they did to them just now. He secretly glowered at the tall man and couldn't help but notice their muscular form underneath their robe. Must have abs of steel, I bet. His eyes trailed from their back all the way down to their waist, to their upturned butt, down those huggable thighs, and to their feet and the ground.

Bao Bao was stealthily comparing his son-in-law with this man. He couldn't help it as they had similar aura, just not quite the same eyes as their son-in-law had. The person in front abruptly stopped without any warning causing Bao Bao to run right into their back. Bao Bao, "Ah!"

Rubbed his nose as he squinted his eyes. They glisten with tears and he had on a look of exasperation. His plump light cherried colors lips were pouted. Bao Bao cursed the person before him as he wiped his teary eyes. He had failed to see the look of tenderness in Wu QingJue's eyes when they turned around and looked at him.

Bao Bao had his hand covering his nose and mouth as he murmured, "Did your greatness need this lowly servant for something?"

Wu QingJue reached out and uncovered Bao Bao's face, "Mmn. I do."

He pulled Bao Bao and their lips made contact.

---

¹Diao Si: Literal meaning 'dick silk/ wire'. The original meaning was male pubic hair (unprivileged nobody). Now it is used for self-mockery, similar in use as 'otaku'.

---

A/N: You might know by now if you read a lot of CN novels that they like to use 'his mother' as a way of saying 'f*ck!' figuratively almost like 'oh sh*t'. They don't literally mean to their mothers... Also... kek... Don't kill me for leaving it here...