17| Zoey And Her Charity Case

Zoey's driver stopped the car in front of the superstore and she texted Travis to come out. Few minutes have passed when the door to the back seat opened and both Travis and Maya slid inside one by one.

Once the driver had started the car again, Zoey angled her neck to subtly smirk at Travis who didn't look pleased for being forced to ask for Zoey's help.

On noticing Zoey's smirk, Travis turned to Maya and said, "Told you, it's a bad idea."

Maya rolled her eyes at his childish behaviour and pushed him back so she can talk to Zoey face to face without Travis sitting in the middle interrupting them. "Ignore my friend's ungrateful ass. We really owe you one."

"Wait, we?" Travis interjected. "You owe her one, not me." Hearing this, Maya elbowed him and that caused him to let out a wince.

"Guys, it's okay. I'm happy I could be of any help." Zoey said before both of them could argue any more.

Last night, Travis asked Zoey to help Maya because she had been invited by Zachary to the Harpers gala and not knowing what to wear at such a fancy party was freaking her out. Zoey, who was already quite eager to prove to him that she is a nice person and not a brat like he thinks, agreed immediately.

"So where do you usually buy clothes for parties?" Zoey asked Maya, completely ignoring the bone in the middle.

"Um..." Maya exchanged a confused look with Travis. "We don't usually... Um... Go to parties."

"Uh, well," Zoey silenced for a moment. "What's your budget then?"

"I have couple hundreds with me but they are my whole savings. I am looking for something cheaper, like under eighty bucks." Maya replied.

Zoey felt a little troubled because she was trying her best to relate to them but they were completely different. The cheapest evening gown she had bought was three hundred dollars and she had threw it out because it felt tacky.

"Okay, I have to buy a dress too so we will go to my favourite store and you can check if you find something in your range there. If not, we can go to any other store." Zoey said and ordered the driver to take her to her favourite boutique.

Once the car stopped, both Travis and Maya followed Zoey inside the store. Maya's jaw momentarily dropped as she looked around and stared at each dress in awe. Everything here looked classy and screamed of money, but she was sure she couldn't afford any of these clothes. Hell, these don't even have price tags on them to give her any idea of the prize range.

"Try whichever dress you like. We can negotiate the price later." Zoey said and made her way to the owner of the boutique.

Adriana recognised Zoey immediately because she and her mother had been a regular customers of her for ages. She moved forward to hug her. "You have grown more beautiful." She said, lightly patting Zoey's brown hair.

"Aren't you a sweetheart?" Zoey chuckled.

"Where is Layla? Is she back from her tour yet?" Adriana asked about Zoey's mother.

"Nope. Last I heard, she was in Japan." Zoey said. After divorcing her father, Zoey's mother made it her mission to tour the world with her young boyfriend. Every year, they both spend months visiting different countries and learn about new cultures. "I need a dress for the gala. Do you have something for me?"

"The Harpers gala?" Adriana asked and Zoey nodded in return. "Of course sweetheart, I think I have the perfect dress for you." The beautiful middle-aged blonde said and went inside a room. Moments later, she returned with a dress in her hands.