58| Truth Or Dare

Travis leaned against the window in his room and stared at everyone playing cards near the lake. His eyes searched for Zoey but she was nowhere to be found. What if she was crying again?

He got his answer when Zoey entered the room and walked over to him. His eyes travelled down her body as he checked her out. She was wearing denim shorts and a black crop top, her hair pulled on top of her head in a messy bun. How can someone so pretty be interested in him, he wondered.

"Let's go. They are going to play Truth or Dare outside. It will be fun." She said and gripping his hand, dragged him with her.

Travis stopped at a spot and pulled her back towards his chest. "So, we aren't telling your friends about this experiment of ours. Right?" He asked, locking his arms around her small waist.

Due to their height difference, Zoey had to angle her neck to look at him. "Do you want to?" She asked.

"Do I want to suffer the wrath of your friends especially Althea? No thanks." Travis smiled and stared into her eyes. She was so pretty up close, with small freckles dusted all over her nose and the swirling brown pattern of her eyes.

"Why are you looking at me like this?" Zoey whispered, a faint blush appeared on her cheeks.

"Like what?" Travis asked, inclining his head towards her.

"Like this, with your eyes all passionate and warm." She replied.

"Isn't that how experimental boyfriends look at their experimental girlfriends?" He asked, making circles on her bare waist with his fingers.

Zoey shrugged and rested her forehead against his. "How will I know? The closest thing I had to a boyfriend was this guy in junior year. But my relationship with him was just physical."

Hearing this, Travis stilled and slowly pulled away, wrinkles appearing on his forehead.

"What now?" Zoey asked.

"Do I look like I want to hear about your sexual endeavours with other boys?" He scowled.

Zoey smiled at this. "Aww. Are you jealous?" She asked, pinching his cheeks.

"Yeah, right." Travis rolled his eyes and started walking. "Come on now. Let's go play with them."

"Okay, trial boyfriend." Zoey said and linked their hands together.

"Whatever, trial girlfriend." He replied.

Reaching the main door, they both parted away so not to cause any suspicion to anyone. "You go first." Travis said.

Nodding, Zoey made her way to her friends and sat down in an empty spot. Few minutes later, Travis came and sat down beside him. All eight of them were assembled in a circle, with a bottle in the middle.

Zachary picked up the empty beer bottle to initiate the game. "Just a warning guys, this game can be pretty serious. Don't play if you are going to chicken out any way." He announced and then rotated the bottle.

The bottle first stopped at Cindy and she chose Truth.

Zoey was the one sitting at the other end of the bottle and she didn't know her very well so she had no idea what to ask. After pondering for few minutes, she said, "Tell us a secret of yours."

Cindy exchanged a look with Ethan and sighed. "Well, Olive, Ethan and even Althea know so I guess there is no point in hiding anymore. Ethan and I aren't dating. I am gay. Whatever." She said and earned a few gasps from the rest of them.

"Moving on," Cindy said and rotated the bottle once again. This time, it rested on Maya and she chose Truth.

"So Maya," Ethan started asking. "What do you feel for our friend Zachary here?"