67| Mother Love

After the last class, Zoey made her way to the parking lot where her driver was already waiting for her. She was about to enter the car when she heard someone call her name.

Angling her neck, she found Travis leaning against his car, his hands hidden in the pocket of his jeans. Closing the car door, she went towards him to meet him. In the whole last week, they rarely meet because his schedule was so jam-packed so seeing him was definitely a treat.

"Hey," She stood on her toes to peck him on his lips.

"How are you?" He asked, tucking a loose curl behind her ear.

"Peachy." Zoey shrugged.

"Maya has a tutoring session and Mario has detention. So, will you give me the honour of driving you to your house?" He smiled sheepishly, staring deep into her eyes. "Or do you prefer the big car?"

"Um... Let me think." Zoey said to tease him and then tapped her finger along her chin.

"Are you coming or not?" He said and sat on the driver seat.

"That's what she said." Zoey said and entered his car.

Once Travis started the car, Zoey extended her leg and put it on his legs. He stared at her from the corner of his eyes warningly. Not listening to his warning glares, she brushed her heel over his inner thigh, making him gasp.

"Are you trying to get us killed, woman?" He scolded her.

"It's called living on the edge." She smirked and withdrew her leg. "Not that you would know."

"I am dating you. That's the most edge I can afford in this lifetime." He replied sarcastically.

"Ha ha." She fake laughed and then slid lower on the seat so now she was half-lying.

Travis turned his head towards her, assessing her from head to toe. His eyes lingered on particular places of her toned body. "I like the color of your dress. Green is my favourite colour." He said, observing the dress that reached her thigh.

"Remind me to buy a green lingerie for you." Zoey winked.

"Lingerie? Like one of those lacy undergarments they show in movies?" He asked innocently.

"What kind of movies do you exactly watch, Mr. Anderson?" Zoey asked, sitting forwards.

"Let me drive in peace, Miss. Crawford." He responded in an embarrassed voice.

"Fine. No lingerie for you." She huffed, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

When they finally reached Crawford mansion, Zoey took him inside for lunch. They had just reached the hallway to the lounge when she heard loud sounds of laughter from inside.

Zoey slowly stepped forwards, with Travis following him silently. Reaching the wooden door of the lounge, she heard the familiar voice from inside and her eyes widened.

"Run. Go to my room and hide." She said and pushed him away.

"But why?" He asked in confusion.

"Don't ask questions. Just go and hide---"

She couldn't finish the sentence because the door opened up and someone stepped outside. Zoey's face contorted as she slowly turned around to face her mother. Last time she saw her mother Layla, she came to meet Zoey briefly on her seventeenth birthday before leaving for Australia with her boyfriend.

"Mom." Zoey acknowledged as her mother enveloped her in a tight, crushing hug. She still looked the same; green eyes, light brown hair and a body that failed to indicate that she was Zoey's mother and not her sister.