64| Knight In Shining Armour

It was about 10 at night when Travis got free from the office. These past two weeks have been a living hell for him. Gary, his senior, left no stone unturned to make his time in Richard Crawford's company unbearable. Even though Travis had no experience and was just a high school student, Gary dumped all his work on him and expected him to know everything without even going to business school. He wished he could complain to any superior but then he didn't want to come across as a whiny, ungrateful person.

Usually, he gets free at 8 but today, Gary ordered him to complete his whole presentation that took Travis hours. After doing that, he went straight to pick up his mom but unfortunately, she still had an hour before she was free to leave.

Not knowing what to do, Travis made his way to Zoey's room with a tired mind and an exhausted body. Zoey was scrolling down her phone when he entered through the wooden door.

"Finally found some time for me?" Zoey asked sarcastically because in these two weeks, they rarely spent any time together.

"Sorry." Travis said absentmindedly and after reaching the bed, collapsed on Zoey's lap. His legs sprawled on the bed while he nuzzled his face against Zoey's belly.

"Somebody looks tired." Zoey smiled and slowly massaged his scalp. He snuggled deeper into her and wrapped both arms around her waist.

"I'm so tired." He mumbled.

"There is something that can relieve your exhaustion." Zoey said and Travis raised his head from her lap.

"Not now, Zoey." He said.

"You have such a dirty mind, Anderson." She said, slapping his forehead lightly. "I meant, I can run a warm bath for you."

"And why would you do that?" He asked.

"Because I am a caring trial girlfriend." She winked mischievously.

Leaving the bed, she went to the bathroom and filled the jacuzzi with warm water. She then added some lavender bath salts to help relieve his stress. Once the bath was ready, she dragged his tired body to the bathroom and eased him out of his shirt.

"I can do the rest myself." Travis smirked and turned around to unbuckle his pants.

Zoey bit her lips as he slipped out of pants, leaving his toned legs bare. "I am leaving because your presence in the bathroom without clothes is not good for my hormones." She announced and walked out of the bathroom.

Shaking his head in fake disappointment, Travis closed the door behind him. Zoey walked back to the bed and once again started scrolling her Instagram.

After some half an hour, Travis walked out of the bathroom with nothing but his pants on. Zoey's eyes shamelessly lingered on his sculpted abs without caring about getting caught. After drying his hair and chest with the towel, Travis put it on an empty chair and then once again lay down on the bed at Zoey's side.

She pulled the blanket on top of both of them and then cuddled against his warm chest. "Do you feel better?" She asked.

"I feel sleepy." Travis replied, closing his eyes for a moment.

"Then sleep. My driver will drive Rose home." Zoey replied.

"Mom will ask questions." Travis said in sleepy voice.

"No, she won't. I'll tell her that we have an assignment that we have to work on till late." Zoey said and ran her fingers in his hair in gentle, massaging manner. The action made him even more sleepy.

"Are you sure?" He asked, hiding his face in the crook of her neck.

"Yeah." Zoey mumbled and traced the outline of his back muscles. "You sleep well and leave the rest on me."