33| XoXo, Gossip Girl

Once the crowd of customers in the store dissipated, both Travis and Maya made way to their usual relaxing spot, i.e. the empty space behind an aisle. They rested their backs against the wall and let out a synchronized sigh.

"So how was your dinner with golden boy last night?" Travis asked.

At this, Maya let out a small groan. "You were right, Trav. He tried to kiss me. Maybe he was just trying to get into my pants." She said in a gloomy voice.

"Son of a bitch." Travis cursed under his breath.

"Can't a boy and a girl just be friends these days? Look at us. It's not impossible." She said and Travis nodded.

He was going to say something else when they both heard footsteps coming towards them. Lifting his head, Travis watched Zoey reach behind the aisle. There were sweat drops on her face, her hair tied on top of her head in a bun with some free locks sticking to her neck.

"So that's where you guys spend your free time?" She asked.

"Yep." Maya mumbled.

"Oh. So can I sit here too, if you don't mind?" She asked gently.

"Sure." Maya said. Both of them scooted over to make space for her. She sat down beside Travis and rested her back against the wall.

"I am so tired." She said, closing her eyes.

"You will get used to it. Don't worry." Maya said.

Few minutes have spent when they heard the door open. "I'll go check. You both rest." Maya said and walked back to the counter, leaving Travis and Zoey alone.

"We don't have to come on weekends, do we?" Zoey asked, still with her eyes closed.

"No." Travis replied with his gaze focused on Zoey. Her long eyelashes, her cute button nose, her lips set in a pout, her sharp jawline, everything about her was perfect. He had to tear his eyes to avoid embarrassing himself. "But your Dad have asked me to tutor your brother on weekends. So no break for me." He said.

"And you agreed?" Zoey gasped, opening her eyes.

"Why won't I? The money is great for just two days a week." He replied.

"You just can't leave me alone Anderson, can you?" She teased him.

"Yeah, right. I would do anything to see you on daily basis." He rolled his eyes sarcastically.

Zoey smiled at this. She liked talking to him, listening to his sarcastic comments and pathetic taunts. Unlike the other boys who just keep flirting in her presence, Travis was like a breath of fresh air for her. Plus, he has a really nice jawline which is always a good addition in a male's traits.

"You are staring again." He said and warmth crept up Zoey's cheeks.

"So what? Staring isn't illegal." She feigned confidence.

"Workplace harassment is." He responded to which she let out a chuckle.

"Am I harassing you?" She glared into his eyes.

"Maybe." He shrugged.

"Fuck you." She stuck out her tongue at him.

"No thanks." He replied and closed her eyes to take some rest.

Zoey momentarily smiled at his actions and then leaned her own head against his bulky arms. "What are you doing?" Travis' eyes bolted open.

"Just let me take a nap for five minutes. Please." She said and snuggled closer to him.