48| Strip Club And Skinny Dipping

"See that girl over there." Zoey leaned against the counter and pointed at a girl dressed in a tight red dress, dancing along her friends. "Go dance with her."

"I am not dancing with any girl." Travis replied, looking over towards that girl.

"Yes you are. Because that's what guys of your age do. They dance with hot girls." Zoey said and pushed him forwards.

"You are so annoying." Travis rolled his eyes and hesitantly made his way towards that girl. Zoey felt amused as she watched him trembling with fear while talking to that girl. After some conversation, they both started talking and Zoey looked away because of the strange pang she felt in her stomach.

"Very brave of you to send the guy you like to dance with a hot girl." She heard a voice. Angling her neck, she found a chubby blonde man sitting by her side, playing with the ice cube in his glass.

"First, I do not like him." She said and he smirked as if he didn't believe her. "And second,  that girl isn't his type. He will get annoyed soon."

"It doesn't look like that." He motioned towards them. Travis was laughing at something that girl was saying and she had placed her stupid hand on his arm. They both were standing too close for Zoey's liking.

"Damn it." She muttered under her breath and made her way towards both of them. "That's enough." She glared at the girl and took Travis to another corner by gripping his arm.

"What was that?" He asked.

"That girl was too much trouble for a fun night." She said and then started dancing along the beat of the music.

"But I liked her." He said, matching her rhythm and tapping his feet on the floor.

"You didn't. That was the alcohol talking." Zoey said and Travis rolled his eyes at this.

They both danced side by side, observing their surroundings and very subtly observing the person in front of them. The alcohol was showing its effect; Travis was becoming less conscious and more confident in his skin.

"So are we going home after this?" He asked, stepping closer to her because of someone pushing him from back.

"No. There are still some places to go." She replied, staring into his eyes. They were so beautiful, like warm honey dripping over melted caramel.

"Like?"

"You will find out soon." She smiled and stepped closer until there were very few inches between them. There were a lot of people on the dance floor and maintaining a reasonable distance was next to impossible.

Their fronts touched together and the heat of Travis' body seeped through the thin layer of Zoey's top. A slight hint of blush appeared on Travis's cheeks and he looked away from her face.

••••••••••

"I can't believe I let you take me to a strip club." Travis said as they drove past their second destination.

"You ran out of there as if you had seen a ghost." Zoey chuckled.

"More like a vampire, a blood sucking vampire." He replied.

"So we have been to a club and a strip club. What's next?" Zoey kept her hands on the steering wheel while her eyes kept diverting to Travis.

"There is a next?" He asked.

"Yes there is." She said and drove towards her favourite ice-cream shop. There, they both ordered mint chocolate chip ice cream and after eating it, she once again revved the engine.