56| Sweet Confessions

For a moment, both Ethan and Althea stayed still in that position. She had no idea why she just hugged him like that but she felt safe all of sudden. For some reason, she felt like he was the only one who will search for her, and he did. He came for her.

Slowly, she parted away from him, their eyes still locked together. Ethan lowered her down on the ground but his hand still remained around her waist.

"Let's go." Ethan said and laced his fingers with her.

They both walked forwards hand in hand, into the dense trees, until Ethan stopped at a particular point.

"What happened?" Althea asked.

"I forgot the way." Ethan said and she gasped.

"What do you mean you forgot? Didn't you put a sigh or something?" She asked.

"No." Ethan huffed anxiously. "I was worried about you so I forgot to do that."

"Wow. What a knight in a shining armour you are!" Althea said and walked forwards into one of the pathway.

"Where are you going?" He ran behind her and that's when he noticed her limping. "What happened to your foot?"

"I fell down." She said.

"Let me see." Ethan stopped her by gripping her hand.

"It's okay. I am fine. Let's find a way out." She responded.

"No. Let me check first. What if you have some serious injury?" Ethan guided her to a nearby fallen tree and helped her sit on its horizontal bark.

He carefully pulled the slippers out of her feet and inspected the area. "Ouch." Althea winced as he put a little pressure on it.

"It looks a little swollen. Let's stay here and wait for help." He said and slid the slippers back in her feet. While doing so, his eyes remained fixated on her legs. She definitely had the sexiest legs he had ever seen, not that the rest of us was any less.

"No thanks. I just had a one on one meeting with a monster cockroach. I'd rather find my way back." She replied.

"Don't be stubborn, Thea, unless you want to get lost in denser part of the jungle. Someone will come to find us soon." Ethan said.

"Fine, but I am not waiting here. Let's find a safer area." She said and stood up, with Ethan following her. They walked for some five minutes after which they found a plain area surrounded by trees.

Ethan took off his shirt and spreaded it on the ground to make some place for Althea. Then, he sat down beside her and stretched his arms to relieve exhaustion.

"You didn't have to take off your shirt, show off." She commented as she adjusted on that spot.

"I didn't want to listen to you complain about the ground for five minutes." Ethan replied. "By the way, what were you doing here in this jungle?"

"I... I just wanted some time alone." She replied.

Ethan watched as her beautiful face lost color suddenly. He has been looking at her since childhood but she still manages to take his breath away. And the fact that she was wearing a bikini covered by a poncho didn't help either. Breathtaking would be a small word for her.

"And why is that?" He asked.

"I just thought nobody will notice." She said in a gloomy voice, hidden behind her fake confidence.

"And who fed you this bullshit? Didn't you hear what I said? I was looking for you everywhere." Ethan said, scooting closer to her.

"But you shouldn't have. Wasn't everyone feeling better without me? I am sure your girlfriend liked my absence." Althea replied sourly.