52| Naked In The Shower

Entering inside the classroom, Zoey looked around to find an empty seat. The seat beside Olive was already filled so she made her way to the back of class and sat down beside Travis.

"Hi." She said when she found him looking at her.

"Hi." He replied and opened up his notebook.

"How was work without me? Did you all miss me?" She chuckled.

"Well, we definitely had less customers because of your absence." He said and she smirked at that.

"See. I told you. I attract customers." She shrugged.

"That you do." Travis said and kept his eyes on the board. He jotted down what Mr. Ray was writing on the board.

For the rest of the lecture, they didn't talk because of Mr. Ray's sharp eyes but when the class ended, he asked her to wait outside for a minute. One by one, every student left the class, including Mr. Ray while Zoey kept waiting for him near the door.

Soon, he reached her and they both started walking together to their next class. "I had to ask you something."

"Sure." She replied.

"Did you quit the job because of me?" He asked.

"Of course not, Travis." She lied.

"Because if that's the reason, I think you should join back. I'll keep my distance from you." He said.

"You are not the reason, Travis. I quit that job because I wasn't feeling like myself anymore The girl that worked with you for the last few months, she is not me." Zoey said.

They both stopped in front of the gym where Travis had his P.E class next. "For the record, I liked that girl. She was a nicer version of you." He said.

Zoey stared into his warm hazel eyes and felt a tug in her heart. "It wasn't me. I am not a nice person, you said it yourself. Remember?" She passed him a soft smile.

"I think you are. You are just afraid to let anybody know." Travis said and walked inside the gym while Zoey kept staring at his retreating figure.

Once she was sure he wasn't coming back, she walked forwards and that's when she noticed Zachary standing at a distance, observing her.

"What?" She asked on reaching him.

"Is he the one? The mystery guy that gave you hickey?" He asked and Zoey's eyes widened.

If it was any other person, she would have lied but Zachary could easily sense when she was lying. So she nodded her head up and down.

"Wow." He said in surprise.

"It was a mistake. I should have known better." She admitted.

"Yes, you should have." Zachary said and she scrunched her nose in confusion.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"I mean, people like Travis and Maya, they are not like us. They don't sleep around for fun. For them, it's a big deal and there are always feelings involved." He said.

"Wait, why are we talking about Maya? Is there something going on between you two?" Zoey asked.

"Of course not." Zachary replied.

"Really? Because these days, you both are always seen together." Zoey commented.

"I could say the same about you and Travis." Zachary pointed out and Zoey flushed at this.

He changed the direction of their conversation as they both walked towards the hallway. "Forget about them. Tell me, what are your plans for your eighteenth birthday next weekend? Should we do something? Because last year, you prohibited us from planning any surprise party for you."