57| Testing. One. Two. Three.

Travis looked for Zoey everywhere but she was nowhere to be found. Just few minutes ago, she was sitting by the lake with everyone and now suddenly she was gone. It annoyed him how much her absence affected him and how he had this urge to find her.

At the end, he made his way to her room upstairs to find her. If she wasn't there, they would have to arrange another search party like they did with Althea.

Hoping to find her there, he opened the door and his eyes fell on the sitting figure of Zoey. She immediately hid his face from him but he had already seen the huge tears trailing down her cheeks.

"Zoey," he whispered.

"Go away." She said and hid her face in between her knees.

"What happened?" He entered inside the room and locked the door behind him.

She lifted her head and the sight of her swollen nose and red eyes caused a tug in his chest. "Go away, Travis." She said.

Ignoring her request, he say down beside her on the bed and contemplated what to do. "What happened Zoey?" He asked gently, resting his hand on her back.

"Nothing. I just..." She raised her head and showed him what she was holding. Travis took it from her and stared at the happy family photo. A couple was standing side by side, with the woman picking up an infant and the man had her hands around the finger of a little girl of 4 or 5. "I miss this time."

"Is this you?" Travis said, smiling at her chubby cheeks and pigtails. "You were such a cute kid." He said and Zoey let out a small chuckle at this.

"I was, wasn't I?" She ran her fingers along the edge of the frame. Her face once again drowned in sadness and it made Travis feel sorrowful as well.

"Are you going to cry again?" Travis asked and she bobbed her head up and down. Sighing, Travis scooted closer to her and rested his back against the headboard of the bed. "Come here."

"Why?" She asked.

"Just come here. I think you can use a hug." He said.

Zoey smiled and scooted closer to him, resting her head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around her waist in a way that made her feel protected. His presence immediately refreshed her mood and she felt better.

After few minutes, all the sadness left and all remained was the butterfly in her stomach because of Travis. She inhaled deeper and his scent filled her nostrils, increasing the warmth in her belly.

The sight of his smooth neck just few inches away from her face persuaded her and she moved forwards, placing a small kiss on the side of his neck. The sudden gasp by him urged her and she placed another kiss right below the first one.

"Zoey," Travis sighed, his voice raspy all of sudden.

"Hmm," she said and kissed him again, this time sucking the skin a little harder.

Before she could do anything else, Travis rolled her over and lay her down on the bed, straddling her. Zoey's cheeks warmed up as she stared into his eyes filled with desire for her.

"Please Zoey," he said, staring into her eyes. "It's taking everything in me to keep my distance from you. Don't make it harder for me."

Zoey nodded. "I know." She whispered. "I just... I can't stop myself because I don't think I have much time left."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Travis asked, looking worried all of sudden.

"Nothing." She said and looked away because his face inches away from her was testing her patience. "I think... I think I have a brain tumor or something."