Back to her

⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️

Betty had woken up again from yet another nightmare.

Every night she would wake up at least once to the fear of the Trash Bag Killer trying to murder her.

But this time it was worse than most. Her heart was racing and she jumped up, but she knew she wouldn't be able to fall back to sleep so she walked to her mothers room.

She knocked on the door lightly and instantly Alice popped up from her bed.

Betty- Mom...

Alice- Betty, it's the middle of the night, what's wrong?

Betty- Can I talk to you?

Alice- Yeah of course.

Betty walked into her mothers bedroom and sat down next to her in her bed.

Alice immediately placed her hand on her daughters cheek having heard her heavy breathing.

Alice- Sweetie, are you okay?

Betty- N-No... (tears)

Alice- What's wrong?

Betty- When I was in Quantico I followed a lead on this killer...but I mad a mistake and some bad things happened. I was held captive for 2 weeks and now I have a dream about him every night. (tears)

Alice- Oh my god, Betty, I had no idea. Are you okay? (softly)

Betty- I'm fine, I just can't sleep; and every time I do I have a nightmare. (tears)

Alice- I know you probably won't like this idea, but there is one person who has always helped you with this kind of thing.

Betty- I can't ask him, mom.

Alice- Then do you want to see a therapist?

Betty- I had been back in Virginia, it wasn't helping.

Alice- Then that might be the only option.

Betty- (sighs) Fine, I'll call him.

Alice nodded and gave Betty a kiss on the cheek before she went back to her room.

She instantly grabbed her phone and called the only man that could help her, she just hoped he would help her.

On the phone:

Jughead- Betty... (sleepily)

Betty- Hey are you awake?

Jughead- I am now, are you okay?

Betty- Not really.

Jughead- What's wrong?

Betty- I don't want to tell you over the phone, can you meet me at Pop's?

Jughead- Right now?

Betty- Yeah.

Jughead- Sure, I'll be there in like ten minutes.

Betty- Thank you.

Jughead- No problem.

Off the phone:

She ended the call and put on some clothes before making her way to Pop's.

And as soon as she walked in, she saw him waiting for her.

She walked over to where he was sitting and instantly sat across from him, but she couldn't look him in the eye.

Jughead- Betty, what's up? You can't call me here at 2:30 in the morning and then not talk to me about what's wrong.