17 years later

Jughead- Don't you think it's crazy that she had no idea what Archie was planning to do? I don't know, maybe it's just me but, it kinda seems like the two of them have been squirly since prom. Did you notice that? I just don't know what the problem would be, who could've gotten derailed?

Betty- (whispers) I think I may know what happened, Jug.

Betty stood up from their bed and rubbed her face with her hands.

Jughead sat up, having gotten extremely nervous about what she was going to say...then she turned back around to face him.

Betty- I h-have to tell you something. (nervously)

Jughead- O-Oh no. (softly)

Betty- During Headwig, Archie and I kissed. Once, only once, I swear. And I'm guessing Archie told Veronica and that's why they've been acting so weird. (tears)

That's when she got back in the bed with him, trying to get to him.

Betty- But I didn't tell you, Jug, and I'm sorry. I should have told you right when it happened, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. (cries)

She grabbed his face, kissing him softly...but for the first time ever, he didn't kiss back.

She looked at him and sobbed before kissing him once again.

After a moment he placed his hands on her cheeks, pulling her away. He looked into her eyes, looking at her as she cried. He wiped her tears away before leaning into her quickly and slamming his lips to hers.

This was different though.

They knew it was the end.

So they shared one more night together.

One more night, where everything was normal.

~17 years later~

Betty- Lily! You've been in the bathroom for over an hour! Come on! You're gonna miss your event.

Lily walked out of the bathroom in a cute sweater and jeans, with hair tied in a half up half down and just a slight bit of makeup.

Betty- You look beautiful, Lil's.

Lily- Thanks mom. I should probably head out, I'll see you in a few hours! Love you!

Betty- Love you more! Be safe!

Lily- I will, bye!

Betty- Bye!

Lily walked out of her New York hotel room that she and her mom were staying in.

The two of them were only going to be in the city for the weekend. Lily wanted to go to a book signing event but Betty didn't want her to travel to the city alone so, of course, they took a little girls weekend.

But even though Betty was with Lily in the city, the young girl refused to let her mother tag along with her to the book signing. Mainly because if she knew who the author was, her mother would kill her.

Jughead Jones

Lily arrived at the small bookstore downtown to see a huge line out the door...but thankfully it moved pretty quickly.

As she got closer, she became more and more nervous while not knowing what to say...but when he was in front of her, everything stopped.

Jughead- Hi! I have to say, you have beautiful hair!

Lily- U-Uh, t-thank you.

Jughead- (smiles) Who should I make this out to?

Lily- (clears throat) L-Lily Jones.