Stuck Together pt 2

Cole didn't sleep for the rest of the night. He just kept his eyes glued to Lili and her son while they both slept in his arms.

But as the morning rolled around and the sun began to rise, Liam started to stir.

He rubbed his eyes and snuggled further into his mothers arms, but after a moment he looked up at Cole.

The man could immediately tell that he was getting nervous, so he reached his hand to him slowly and said:

Cole- Don't be scared, I'm not going to hurt you or mommy, I promise.

Liam looked at him for a moment before taking his hand, then Cole pulled the boy toward him, allowing him to lay on his chest.

Cole- You know, mommy and I have been friends for a long time.

Liam- How long?

Cole- I think about ten years.

Liam- Woah.

Cole- (chuckles) I know, right? I can't believe it either.

That's when Liam's tummy rumbled softly.

Cole- Are you hungry, bud?

He nodded but continued to lay in his arms.

Cole- Come on, let's go make something.

The two of them snuck out from under Lili very slowly before walking into the kitchen to make some breakfast.

After a lot of laughing, and some flour being thrown all over the kitchen, the two of them finally finished making some chocolate chip pancakes. Cole cut them up into small pieces for Liam while he began to eat, but then Lili walked in and smiled softly.

Cole- Hey.

Lili- Hey...what time is it?

Cole- 9:00.

Lili- Cole! You should've woken me up!

Cole- No, you needed to sleep, I can handle making some pancakes.

Lili- Clearly. The flour all over the place says it all.

Cole- Hey, we still did it! Didn't we Liam?

He nodded and continued to eat the pancake pieces while Lili walked over to the little boy and kissed his head softly.

Lili- Good morning, baby.

Liam- Morning mama.

Lili sighed as she sat down at the table next to her son, then Cole sat across from her, looking directly at her.

Cole- How'd you sleep?

Lili- The best I've slept in a while.

Cole- Good.

For a moment they were silent, just watching the little boy who was enjoying his breakfast. But then Cole looked back at Lili.

Cole- Hey, can we talk in the living room for a minute?

Lili- Um, sure.

The two of them stood up and walked into the living room, but Lili continued to keep an eye on Liam from the other room.

Lili- What's up?

Cole- Okay, so I know we talked about it a little bit yesterday, but I really don't want you and Liam to be alone. I want you too to stay here for a while.

Lili- Cole we-

Cole- Please, Lil's. You don't have to stay here forever, we can play it by ear, but I don't want you two to be alone while your fiancé is out there.