Mixed Feelings

Jughead was making dinner for him and his 14 year old daughter, Paisley, when she suddenly came running down the stairs.

Paisley- Dad! There's a really cute boy in my class and he sits next to me now. What outfit do you think will look better for me to wear tomorrow?

Jughead- Sweetie, you don't need to impress a boy by what you wear, if he only likes you for what you look like then he isn't the right one. But, I like the jeans shorts with the black top.

Paisley- (giggles) Thank you, dad.

She began to run back upstairs but before she reached the top, Jughead stopped her.

Jughead- Dinner will be ready in a few minutes, okay?

Paisley- Okay.

He smiled, thinking about the conversation he had just had with his daughter, then he went back to cooking. But once the food was done he called his daughter back downstairs.

Jughead- P, it's time for dinner!

Paisley- Coming!

She ran back downstairs and ate a quick dinner with her father but as soon as she was done eating she looked up at him.

Paisley- I had a really long day today, is it okay if I go to bed now?

Jughead- Yes! Of course! I'll be up in a few minutes.

She nodded and went up to her room.

Every night before she fell asleep, Jughead laid down with her in bed for a few minutes and just talked to her.

That's when she always asked him questions about boys and being in a relationship.

Those were usually questions she would ask her mother, but since Betty had randomly left just over a year ago, that hadn't been an option anymore.

But once she was ready to go to bed, Jughead gave her a kiss on the head before beginning to walk out of her room.

Paisley- Dad, wait.

Jughead- What is it, hun.

Paisley- Could you tell mom was going to leave when she did?

Jughead- (sighs) Honey, I have no idea what happened. It was so sudden and I had no clue it was coming.

Paisley- (nods) I'm sorry she left, dad.

Jughead- I'm sorry she left too. But I have you, and I could never leave you.

She nodded and smiled softly, watching him as he left. Then he went to his bedroom to put on sweatpants and a t-shirt before heading back downstairs to watch TV in the living room.

For a while he watched his shows and relaxed on the couch, but suddenly, as it reached 11:00 PM, he heard a knock on the door.

He slowly got up and walked over to the door, not knowing who would be there at 11 PM, but when he opened the door, his mouth dropped.

Jughead- B-Betty...what are you doing here?

Betty- I-I-

That's when the baby in her arms started crying.

Jughead looked down at her arms to see a beautiful baby resting on her...he was in shock.

Jughead- A-A baby?! What the fuck, Betty?! Is it mine?!

Betty- Yes, Jug, he's yours.

Jughead- Jesus Christ, get in the house, we have to talk!

He pulled her inside, having her sit on the living room couch while he paced around the room.