The snowstorm

The snowstorm had gotten worse.

The news channels were suggesting that everyone stay off the roads, but at this point it wasn't even a suggestion, there would be no way that anyone could drive at this hour with all of the ice and snow.

Betty and Jughead were cooped up in their small three bedroom house, watching TV when suddenly everything went black.

Betty- Juggie... (softly)

Jughead- It's okay, the power just went out, let me get some candles.

She nodded as he stood up. He walked into the kitchen and grabbed a few candles from the counter; but suddenly he heard Betty begin to breathe heavily.

Jughead- Betts, are you okay?

Betty- (breathing heavily) Jug, something's wrong.

Jughead dropped everything and ran back over to his wife, instantly sitting back down next to her and placing his hands on her nine month pregnant belly.

Jughead- What's wrong, what's wrong?!

Betty- T-The baby...I think it wants out. (whispers)

Jughead- O-Okay...stay calm, maybe it's just a false alarm-

That's when Betty started gripping his hands as tears came to her eyes.

Betty- It hurts. (tears)

Jughead- Okay, Okay, shh. Let me call 911, we can't drive to the hospital right now.

She nodded and held his hand tightly while he pulled his phone out of his pocket, but as soon as he hit the call button, it went to voicemail.

He tried calling multiple times but it kept going to voicemail immediately, their line was disconnected.

Jughead- Betts, it's not working, the lines are out.

She let out a soft cry while looking down at her stomach, but then she gripped his hand tightly as another contraction hit.

Jughead- Breath baby, breath...do you really think you're going into labour?

Betty- I h-hope not. (tears)

Jughead- (sighs) Okay, why don't we try to go upstairs, we need to get you in our bed just in case.

She nodded and placed her hands on her husband's shoulders while he gripped her waist, then he helped her stand up.

She winced as she was brought up to her feet making Jughead rub her side as he kissed her cheek...but as they began walking, Betty stopped in her tracks as she felt the water rush down her legs.

Jughead- Betty... (softly)

Betty- (cries) N-No...

Jughead- Hey hey hey, shh, you're going to be okay. Let's just get upstairs.

She nodded and followed as Jughead led her upstairs.

As soon as they got to their bedroom he pulled off the blankets and sheets before placing some towels down, then he helped his wife climb in comfortably and lay down.

Jughead- Okay, are you comfortable?

Betty- Jughead, our baby is about to come out of me and we can't go to the hospital...do you think I'm comfortable right now? (tears)

Jughead- (sighs) I know, I know...this sucks but we have no other choice right now. I've been reading a lot of things about how the birthing process works, just to be prepared, so I know a little bit...we'll figure this out together, okay?

She nodded and grabbed his hand as another contraction hit.

Once her pain slowed, Jughead rubbed her thigh before looking up at her with sympathy in his eyes.

Betty- This really hurts. (tears)

Jughead- I know, I'm sorry my love...let's get your pants off so we can see how dilated you are.

Betty- Do you know how to do that? (tears)

Jughead- I've read about it...it'll be close enough.

She nodded and allowed him to help her get her clothing off, then he had her spread her legs, but as soon as she did, he gasped.

Betty- W-What? Is something wrong? (nervously)

Jughead- No, I don't think so, but if I'm doing this right, which I'm pretty sure I am...then you are about eight centimetres dilated.

Betty- (cries) Are you serious?

Betty let out a loud cry as she began to whimper but Jughead held her hand tightly before leaning over her and kissing her lightly on the head.

Jughead- Stay calm baby, we'll do this together.

She cried as she leaned into him, but her contractions continued to come faster and faster, causing her to stress.

Jughead grabbed some cold washcloths to calm her and cool her down, and they worked for a few minutes, but then she began screaming out in pain.

Betty- Jug, I can't wait anymore, I think I have to start pushing! (sobs)

Jughead- Okay, okay, just wait a few more seconds.

Jughead jumped up and grabbed a few more things, needing to be prepared for their baby, then he sat at the edge of their bed and placed his hands on his wife's knees while tracing circles along them.

Jughead- Okay, are you ready? (softly)

She shook her head and shut her eyes as a few tears rolled down her cheeks, that's when he sighed and grabbed one of her hands.

Jughead- Don't be scared, I know you can do this. You're so strong and so brave, you just have to believe me, okay?

Betty- What if something goes wrong? (sobs)

Jughead- Then we will figure out a way to get to the hospital, but right now, this is the safest option. (softly)

She nodded but continued to sob so Jughead held her hand even tighter while caressing her thumb, then she looked up at him again as he started to speak.

Jughead- I know this is scary but right now, this is what we have to do...and I know you can do it. Now wipe those tears and push as hard as you can so we can meet our little baby.

She giggled softly before wiping her tears. She held one of her husbands while she began to push, the whole time Jughead talked her through what to do and supported her through the whole thing...and thankfully it didn't take long before their baby was born.

As soon as Betty heard the little cry she looked up and wiped her tears as her husband cut the umbilical cord and cleaned the tiny baby off in a towel.

Jughead- Betts...it's a boy. (tears)

Betty- O-Oh my god...c-can I see him? (tears)

Jughead nodded as he carefully placed their son in his mothers arms.

The little boy cried for a second before snuggling into his mothers chest and falling asleep.

Betty- Juggie, he's perfect. (tears)

Jughead- Yes he is. (tears)

That's when the lights turned back on, making both Betty and Jughead chuckle.

Jughead- Well, it's a little too late for that now, isn't it? (laughs)

Betty- Yeah. (softly tears while giggling)

Jughead moved so he could lay next to his wife, then he placed a kiss on her cheek.

Jughead- I'm so proud of you, I know that was really hard...but I told you you could do it.

Betty- (nods) Thank you, I couldn't have done it without you. (tears)