We'll take care of you

Jughead had just finished making dinner in their two bedroom apartment while Betty was finishing up in the shower.

He plated their food and set everything up for them, and then Betty walked out with her hair up in a messy bun.

He smirked at her and placed a kiss on her cheek before they sat down together.

But he didn't stop looking at her.

Betty- Juggie, why are you staring at me? (giggles)

Jughead- You just look so beautiful. (smiles)

Betty- I love you.

Jughead- I love you more.

Betty- Not that again. (giggles)

Jughead- Yes that again. (chuckles)

She slapped him playfully but then they heard a light knock at the door.

They looked at each other questionably before standing up and walking to the front door.

Jughead opened it and they didn't see anyone...but then they looked down to see their niece.

Betty- Chloe, what are you doing here?

She bent down to the height of the little seven year old but then she saw her black eye and the tears.

Betty- Oh my god, baby, come here.

She ran into Betty's arms and allowed the woman to pick her up.

She brought her inside and quickly grabbed the first aid kit.

Then she cleaned the little girl's eye.

Betty- Jughead can you call Archie or Veronica? They should know she's here.

Chloe- No! Don't call daddy! (cries)

Jughead- Sweetie, why?

Chloe- Daddy's gonna hit me again! (cries)

Betty- Daddy did this?

She nodded and turned her head into Betty's chest.

Betty- Chloe, does mommy know that daddy hurt you?

Chloe- No, Daddy only hits me when she's gone. (cries)

Betty and Jughead looked at each other in shock, they knew Archie had anger issues but they never expected him to hurt his own child.

Chloe- Don't let daddy take me. (cries)

Jughead- We won't, you're going to stay with us until mommy can come home.

She nodded and Betty finished cleaning her eye. Then her tummy grumbled.

Betty- Are you hungry?

Chloe- Yeah. (giggles)

Jughead- Well then let's go eat dinner, I'll make an extra plate for you.

The three of them went into the kitchen and sat down.

Jughead got an extra plate for Chloe and they all ate the pasta that Jughead had made.

But as soon as they were done someone started banging on the door.

Chloe instantly got nervous and jumped into Betty's lap, hiding her head into the crook of her neck.

Then Jughead walked over to the door.

Jughead- It's Archie. Betty, take Chloe and go into the bedroom. (whispers)

Betty nodded and took the little girl away before Jughead opened the door.