Yelling

Yelling.

That was all you would ever hear from the Jones house.

Betty and Jughead had been fighting 24/7, and they couldn't stop.

There was never anything specific that started the fights but suddenly someone would begin to yell. And then it would never end.

They both saw therapists and went to couples therapy. They really did all they could to try to stay together, not just for them; for their daughter.

But it never worked.

Jughead- YOU KNOW WHAT? I'M SICK OF FIGHTING!

Betty- AND YOU DON'T THINK I'M NOT?!

Jughead- I DON'T KNOW BETTY! IT DOESN'T SEEM LIKE YOU'RE TRYING TO STOP IT!

Betty- I COULD SAY THE SAME ABOUT YOU!

Jughead- THEN MAYBE WE SHOULD GET A DIVORCE!

Then Betty got quiet.

Betty- What about Allison?

Jughead- I'LL FIGHT YOU FOR CUSTODY BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I'M LETTING YOU JUST KEEP HER!

Betty- YOU KNOW WHAT?! FINE!

Jughead walked out of the house without saying another word and slammed the door. Then Allison came downstairs to her mother crying.

Betty instantly picked up her four year old and hugged her tight while letting a few tears fall.

Allie- Is daddy gone? (cries)

Betty nodded and continued to hug her daughter for as long as she could.

--

Months went by.

Jughead had filed for a divorce, and even signed the papers...but Betty couldn't let herself sign them.

Even after everything, she still loved him.

But the next day he went over to her house to see his daughter, and of course he asked the question.

Jughead- Did you sign the papers?

She didn't respond, she just stood there silently.

She couldn't tell him that she still loved him.

Betty- Um...not yet. (quietly)

Jughead- Why?

Betty- I don't know. (tears)

He heard her voice crack slightly and he looked up at her.

Jughead- Betty...

Then she broke down.

Jughead- Allie, can you go to your room for a minute?

The little girl nodded and ran upstairs while Jughead stood up and went over to Betty.

Jughead- Betty, hey, look at me.

She refused to look at him, she didn't want him to see how she looked.

But he didn't care.

He placed his hand on her chin and lifted her head up so he could look into her eyes.

Jughead- Betty, seriously, what's up?

Betty- Nothing Jug, can we just not?!

Jughead- No, something is obviously wrong and I'm not just gonna let it slide. Now please talk to me.

Betty- I don't want to get a divorce. (mumbles)

Jughead- What did you say? I couldn't understand that.

Betty- I don't want to get a divorce. I love you. (cries)

He stood there silently for a moment before Betty continued to talk.

Betty- I know we fight a lot but even after everything I still love you more than anything. I think you being gone, and seeing the dicorce papers made me realise that. (cries)

He sighed and pulled her into his arms.

Jughead- I love you too Betty...but we can't keep fighting all the time.

Betty- I know. I just can't lose you. (whispers)

Jughead- I can't lose you either...but I think we should take a break from each other. Just for a little bit. We need to know this is what we want.

She looked into his eyes and nodded while letting a tear fall.

Betty- Where have you been staying? (whispers)

Jughead- With my dad.

Betty- (nods) Are we just going to continue doing this, like what we've been doing the last few months? (tears)

Jughead- Yeah.

Betty- O-Okay. (voice cracks)

Jughead- Baby...

Betty- I don't know how much longer I can do it. (cries)

Jughead- It doesn't have to be that long, this is just a test.

She nodded and rested her head on his chest while she hugged him. Then their daughter came back downstairs with tears in her eyes.

Jughead- Allie, what's wrong?

Allie- Are you leaving again?

Jughead- Yeah but not yet, and I can come back anytime you want.

She nodded and ran to her parents, hugging them tight.

--

One month later Betty was laying in bed with her daughter sleeping next to her...but all she wanted was her husband to come home; so she had to call him.

On the phone:

Betty- Juggie... (quietly)

Jughead- Babe, are you okay?

Betty- I miss you, I want you to come home; Allie wants you too.

Jughead- I want to come home too...I think we've been away from each other long enough.

Betty- Finally!

Jughead- Do you want me to come home now or tomorrow morning?

Betty- Please come now!

Jughead- Okay, I'll be there soon.

Off the Phone:

Betty waited anxiously for her husband to come back but as soon as she heard the doors unlock she bolted downstairs and jumped into his arms as she saw him.

Jughead- Well this is a nice greeting. (chuckles)

Betty- (giggles) I told you I missed you.

He gently placed Betty down and she wrapped her arms around his neck while giving him a kiss.

Betty- We are never fighting again?

Jughead- Never.