Forever my love pt 2

Betty was pacing back and forth while tears were still running down her cheeks.

Sheriff Keller was with her, trying to get more information from her, but suddenly the doors opened and a bunch of serpents walked in.

And finally she saw Jughead walk in, holding her son.

Betty- Mason! (cries)

Mason- Mommy! (cries)

Jughead put the little boy down and let him run to his mother, and instantly the young woman held onto her son as tightly as possible.

Sheriff Keller- Well, I guess everything is settled here...take care of them, Jughead.

The man said as he patted the young man's back...then he left, and Jughead walked over to Betty and his son.

He wrapped his arm around the girl and spoke quietly to her.

Jughead- Can I take you home?

She nodded and followed him out to his dads old truck.

They got in the car and the drive was silent other than the small noises coming from Mason while he slept.

Then they arrived at Betty's childhood home, and she got out of the car with her son. But when Jughead didn't move, she looked at him with a puzzled expression.

Betty- Aren't you coming inside?

Jughead- Betty, I don't think that's a good idea.

Betty- (sighs) Please, Jug, we have to talk through some things.

He nodded and turned off the truck before getting out, then he walked with them up the front steps...but as soon as they walked in they were met with Alice.

Alice- Thank god you're both okay! I was so worried. (tears)

Alice wrapped her arms around her daughter and grandson, but then she saw Jughead behind them.

Alice- Jughead, hi. How have you been, sweetheart?

Jughead- Um, good. And you?

Alice- I could be better *laughs softly*. Well, I'll leave you two alone. You probably have a lot to discuss.

Alice began to walk towards the stairs but Betty stopped her before she went up.

Betty- Wait, let me help you.

Alice- Honey, I'm fine.

Betty- Mom, stop acting like you're not sick...I need to help you.

Alice- I'm not that bad, I can-

Jughead- I'll help you.

Alice smiled and allowed the young man to help her up the stairs while Betty stayed in the living room with her son in her arms.

But as soon as Jughead had brought Alice upstairs, the woman looked at her daughter's baby daddy.

Alice- I don't know how much longer I'll be around, so please, take care of them, Jug. I know my daughter protects that kid with her life...but I need someone to do the same for her. Please protect her.

Jughead- I will. (softly)

That's when Alice hugged him.

Alice- Thank you...and thank you for getting Mason back. (tears)

Jughead- Of course.

She pulled away and smiled softly at the young man.

Alice- Goodnight, Jughead.