Hope

Jughead was sitting in his room practically biting his nails as he thought about what to say to Betty. He loved her so much that his heart hurt to even think about not being with her one day...but he had to tell her.

He picked up his phone and went to her contact: Betts ❤️💍

Then he hit call.

On the phone:

Betty- Juggie! Hi!

Jughead- Hi baby.

Betty- What's up?!

Jughead- N-Not much...um...

Betty- Jug...what's wrong? (softly)

Jughead- N-Nothing, Nothing...can you come over to my place? I really need to see you.

Betty- Yes! Of course! I'll be there in a few minutes! I have a surprise for you anyways.

Jughead- I can't wait. (chuckles)

Off the phone:

As he heard the line cut out he sighed and placed his phone down next to him...then he thought about what to say to her.

--

The next few minutes went by so slowly, feeling almost like hours...but then he heard the knock on the door.

He got up and went to the door, opening it as quickly as possible. Instantly Betty hugged him tightly and just held onto him like she would never let him go...but then they pulled away.

Betty- I know I said I have a surprise but first we need to cuddle and watch a movie! I brought Romeo and Juliet and Rebel Without a Cause! What do you-

Jughead- Betts, we actually need to talk.

Betty- O-Oh, okay... (softly)

He took her hand and led her into the living room before sitting down with her.

For a few minutes the two of them just looked at each other silently while holding hands, but finally Betty spoke.

Betty- Jug, you're scaring me...what's going on? (softly)

Jughead- Betts...I um...I...

Betty- Juggie, please just say it. (softly)

Jughead- I'm sick.

Betty- Oh, we'll let me get you some soup and-

Jughead- No, baby...I have c-cancer.

Betty- W-What..? (softly)

Instantly her expression went from nervousness to sadness...but at first it was almost like she was numb and couldn't feel anything.

Betty- Y-You're joking...right? (tears)

Jughead- I wish...

Betty- N-No... (tears)

Her head fell into her hands as she began to sob, but then Jughead placed his hand on her back making her look up at him with almost anger and sadness in her eyes.

Betty- How could you do this to me?! (sobs)

Jughead- What do you mean? I-

Betty- I need you! You can't leave me! (sobs)

Jughead- Betty, I might be fine...we don't know-

Betty- Exactly! You don't know?! (sobs)

Jughead- Babe...

Betty- P-Please...please don't leave us. (sobs)

Jughead- U-Us..? (softly)

Betty- I-I was gonna tell you...I-I'm pregnant. That was s-supposed to be the surprise. (sobs)