Worth fighting for

Cole- Emma, come here! I have to go!

The ten year old quickly came running down the stairs wrapping her arms around her father, holding him as tight as possible.

Emma- Dad, please don't go. (softly)

Cole- Honey, I have to. You know I don't want to leave...and I know this was very last minute, I just, I have no choice.

Emma- Why can't I stay with mom? (whispers)

Cole- I already told you, since this was supposed to be my week with you, mom planned a trip with her friends. But I promise you'll be fine here, with Ari.

Emma- I don't want to stay with her. (whispers)

Cole- (sighs) Emma...

Emma- She scares me. (whispers)

Cole- Baby, I'll be home in two days, okay?

Emma pulled away and nodded, but then she ran back up to her room making Cole sigh.

Cole- I'm sorry, she's just-

Ari- Cole, it's fine, she's a kid. And I know the divorce was hard on her.

Cole- You're so understanding, I love you.

Ari- I love you too. Now go, you don't want to miss your flight.

Cole blew her a kiss before beginning to walk out the door, but before he left he yelled:

Cole- I love you Emma.

He didn't get a response so he left. But as soon as he was gone Ari stormed upstairs and threw Emma's door open, making her flinch and clutch her duvet cover.

Ari- Alright bastard child, now that your dad is gone, I'm in charge. I don't want to see you for the next two days. Also, my friends will be here in like 10 minutes so if I hear any noise coming from you, I will happily throw your ass in the backyard, got it?

Emma nodded with tears in her eyes but then Ari walked over to her and grabbed her by the chin.

Ari- Answer me, I need to hear you say that you understand!

Emma- I understand. (tears)

Ari- Good, now I'll be downstairs, don't tell me if you need anything.

Ari walked out, slamming the door, leaving Emma to cry in her bed.

--

The young girl stayed in her room for a long time while there were clearly a lot of people in her house.

All she could hear was loud music and laughing from Ari and her friends on the floor below her...but she was getting hungry and needed to go downstairs for dinner.

She quietly opened her bedroom door and began walking downstairs, but as she reached the bottom of the stairs, Ari and her friends spotted her.

Ari- Emma...what did we talk about earlier? (slurs)

Ari jumped off the couch and began to stumble over to Emma, clearly drunk.

But before she could get to her, Emma ran back up the stairs, but instead of going back to her room, she went to her dad's room, knowing her IPad was in there.

As she reached the room, she locked the door and grabbed her IPad off the nightstand before running into the bathroom.

Then she found her mom's contact instantly FaceTiming her.

On Facetime:

Lili- Hey baby, how's dads?

Emma- I need help! Ari is really mad at me! I think she's gonna hurt me! (tears)