Their Child

Betty and Jughead had just gotten home after a long day at work.

They had already eaten and were now laying on the couch, cuddling while watching TV.

But suddenly they heard a light knock at the door.

They looked at each other in confusion not knowing who would be at their house at such an odd time.

But then they got up and walked to the front door.

Jughead opened the door with Betty behind him but no one was there.

Betty- No ones here?

Jughead- I guess not.

He was about to close the door but then they suddenly heard a soft cry.

Then the two of them looked down to see a little baby in a basket, wrapped up in a blanket.

Betty- J-Jug...

Jughead- You see the baby, right?

Betty- Mhm.

Jughead- Okay, so I'm not crazy.

She walked past him and picked up the small child from the basket...

Then she saw the letter.

Take care of him, I can't.
Name: Jackson
Birthday: September 27 2020

Then he started to cry.

Betty- Shh, I know, I know. Let's get you inside. (softly)

The two adults brought him inside, along with the small basket.

After a minute Betty was able to calm him down...but they were still in shock and didn't know what to do.

The little baby had fallen asleep so Betty placed him back down in his basket and turned to Jughead.

Betty- What do we do?

Jughead- I don't know...

Betty- Do we go to the police or-

Jughead- Betty, I think we need to take care of him.

Betty- W-What?

Jughead- The note says 'take care of him'.

Betty- Yeah, but I'm sure the mother would've dropped him off anywhere.

Jughead- I don't think so...Betts, this could finally be our chance to have a baby. We've been trying for months and nothing.

Betty- I know but-

Jughead- Just think about it, I'm going to go to the store to get some baby food and diapers and whatever else. Are you okay here?

She nodded and just started at the baby.

Then she heard the door shut.

She sat down on the couch behind her and just watched the baby, but then he began to cry again.

She got down on the floor and pulled Jackson out of the basket, then she just cradled him.

After a few minutes he calmed down and fell back to sleep in her arms making her cry.

She had wanted a baby so badly, but she had been struggling trying to get pregnant.

So maybe this really was her chance to be a mom.

She just continued to cradle the baby in her arms until she heard the door open.

Then she placed him back down in his basket and wiped her tears away.