CHAPTER 31 TO 40

Chapter 31: Soon... The Little Store Will Be Teeming with Customers

The scene was oddly quiet.

Ji Chengxue looked at the slightly adorable Whitey in astonishment. This iron puppet's strength was contrary to his expectations. A fifth grade Battle-King was troublesome to deal with even for him, yet this Whitey was able to strip a Battle-King and throw him out of the store.

The third prince did not expect Bu Fang to be that calm either. The sword had almost reached Bu Fang, but he managed to remain indifferent. Did he really have that much faith in that puppet?

The remaining three assassins also recovered from their shock and looked at Whitey as if they were facing their greatest enemy. They did not dare to underestimate Bu Fang any longer. There was no other reason for it aside from the fact that the puppet was able to beat their comrade half to death with two punches.

"There's a mistake with the information! There's something strange with this store!" The three assassins looked at each other and their eyes underneath the bamboo hats were extremely serious.

Without question, their assassination had failed. As an assassin, if their first strike had failed, they should immediately retreat and look for another opportunity. That was why they gave up on assassinating Ji Chengxue and ran to the entrance of the store.

However, how could the three of them escape when they were already targeted by Whitey? The three escaping figures were captured by a gigantic force and pulled in front of the iron puppet.

Whitey's mechanical eyes were blinking as it threw out three palm strikes in a row. The three of them each spat out a mouthful of blood and fell onto the floor. The bamboo hats on their heads were all torn to pieces as they helplessly lay there.

The sound of tearing rang out, then the three assassins were thrown out naked like the first one. They fell into the alleyway with only a small cloth to cover their private parts.

It was still raining heavily outside. Raindrops spilled down from the sky and rapidly formed a curtain that enshrouded the world.

After completing everything, Whitey mechanically made a fist pump. Then its mechanical eyes flashed and it seemed quite happy as it returned to the kitchen.

The coldness in Ji Chengxue's eyes gradually disappeared and they once again returned to their former refined state. The corner of his mouth held a hint of a smile as he meaningfully looked at Bu Fang.

He suddenly realized that he was unable to see through this cook, who was only a second grade Battle-Master.

"What do you want to order?" Bu Fang ignored Ji Chengxue's gaze and expressionlessly asked.

"I'll have Lees Fish. Today, I am lucky that Owner Bu was around to lend a hand. I wanted to drink in celebration but since there's no wine sold here, I can only order Lees Fish." The third prince, Ji Chengxue chuckled and nodded toward Bu Fang.

If it was not for Whitey's help, then it would've been really dangerous for him. Even he did not expect that they would be so deranged as to openly attack him within the imperial city.

"There will be good wine for sale in a few days, but there really isn't any today," Bu Fang simply said as he headed toward the kitchen. Along the way, he gently patted Ouyang Xiaoyi—who was still dumbstruck—on the head.

"Oh? There's going to be wine?" Ji Chengxue's eyes lit up, then his smile became brighter as he meaningfully glanced at the slim figure of Bu Fang entering the kitchen.

"Xiaoyi, I'll be going out for a while. Make sure to keep the Lees Fish for me when it's done," Ji Chengxue said to Ouyang Xiaoyi, who was still in a daze, as he slowly walked toward the entrance.