CHAPTER 1601 TO 1610

Chapter 1601: This Bowl of Instant Noodles Is Delicious!

The World God of Cookery Tournament had received worldwide attention. With the improvement of living standards, more and more people put their attention on food. Therefore, the world-class competition had attracted countless viewers, not to mention its prize money of up to one hundred million dollars.

All eyes were now focused on the competition venue as many cameras were filming the event.

Xiao Ai followed behind Bu Fang. Her legs were trembling. She was just a geeky girl who dealt with computers and data all day, and she had never seen such a major event before. For a moment, her heart was pounding fast in her chest. Yu Ge, on the other hand, was looking around curiously.

Bu Fang finished his cooking in less time than most chefs. After all, he was just cooking instant noodles, not some difficult cuisine.

The judges watched as he walked toward them. They had already tasted quite a few dishes, and they had shown their strictness as judges. Some of the dishes were simply disqualified after they were stirred with chopsticks by these judges. They did not even give these dishes a taste. Their fussiness had caused headaches for countless participants.

The panel of three hundred judges was not so picky. It was the five main judges. However, the main judges' scores also accounted for most of the final scores.

There were many chefs in the competition, so there were many dishes. In theory, the judges would need to spend a long time tasting the dishes and give them scores. But in reality, the time they took to taste the dishes was much shorter than the time spent cooking them. The main reason was that these judges were too fussy.

For example, if they saw several noodles of different thicknesses in a bowl, they would eliminate it without giving the chef a chance to explain. They would even make decisions based on the length of the chef's fingernails, the length of his beard, and the cleanliness of his face. Some chefs were eliminated straight away after the judges glanced at them.

The harshness of these judges was almost unbelievable. Some chefs burst into tears immediately after being eliminated because the comments they received were too harsh, especially those from the beautiful female judge. Her words were venomous to the extreme.

Dozens of chefs had already been eliminated. The five judges had only tasted about a third of the dishes that were served to them, while the remaining were eliminated by them just on the appearance alone.

When Xiao Ai saw this, she trembled even more fiercely. She had not expected the competition to be so cruel. She thought Bu Fang's instant noodles would probably be eliminated before they were even brought to the stage. How could instant noodles be brought to the table of such high-level judges?

She was not the only one who did not think Bu Fang could make it. Everyone else thought the same. It was not that they did not have confidence in him. They just did not think his instant noodles could win the judge's approval.

A bowl of instant noodles was placed before each of the five judges, and their reactions varied.

The fat woman was rubbing her fingers and admiring her nails—her eyes never rested on the noodles in front of her. The beautiful woman was taking a nap with her eyes closed, her chest rising and falling steadily. The monk from Hua was smiling, but he had a blank look in his eyes.

All of the five judges were too fussy.

"Instant noodles?" A male judge in a chef's robe gave Bu Fang a look. He was speaking in substandard Mandarin. "In Sakura, instant noodles are also known as ramen. However, it is a dish unqualified to take its place in the higher circles. You're a chef, yet you are brave enough to bring instant noodles to the judges' table. If I were to describe your decision in a Chinese word, it would be courageous!"