CHAPTER 301 TO 310

Chapter 301: The Way He Eyes Ingredients

Ni Yan opened her breathtakingly beautiful eyes wide and slightly parted her moist red lips. Her face was filled with puzzlement.

Bu Fang had just walked out and lifted up his head upon hearing the astonished exclamation. He blinked his eyes as he saw the familiar face of a beauty.

"Oh it's you. What a coincidence," Bu Fang uttered.

Tang Yin was a bit hurt considering how his Master Ni completely blew him off once bumping into Owner Bu. Did she really need to treat him so differently?

Behind Ni Yan stood the city lord of the Western Mystery City, Kong Yao, and a whole group of people. Kong Xuan, the top warrior of the city, was also amongst the crowd.

But Kong Xuan's face was rather glum at that moment since he had never seen such a look on Ni Yan's face. He never expected the aloof Ni Yan to be so warm to another man. Were they that close?

And so, Kong Xuan's gaze currently landed on Bu Fang as he tried to discern just who he was!

As Bu Fang chatted with Ni Yan some more, he suddenly felt a chilling sensation rush down his body. He lifted up his head in confusion and looked around only to see Kong Xuan sending him the death glare from a distance.

Bu Fang twitched the corners of his mouth, feeling quite speechless. Why was this cross-eyed fellow glaring at him?

The Third Corp of the Western Mystery Army also suffered a great loss this time, which put a sober frown on Kong Yao's face.

Zhu Yue recounted to him the series of unfortunate events they had encountered on their way. The stories only deepened the city lord's distressed expression.

The downfall of Mo Luo City was no good news, as it meant that a crisis would hit the Western Mystery City very soon.

Besides, the number of spirit beasts roaming around the Western Mystery City has also increased. The spirit beast fever that happens once every three years was about to hit the Western Mystery City, which serves as another great obstacle the city must face.

With the enemy troops on top of the potential spirit beast attack, the Western Mystery City was really caught between two fires.

The so-called "spirit beast fever" happened once every three years, during which hoards of spirits beasts from the Hundred Thousand Mountains would ferociously attack humans. Every time it happened, the smaller towns and villages near the Western Mystery City would be trampled by the spirit beasts.

It became a custom for the Western Mystery City to open its gates to the residents of these unfortunate communities.

With the Western Mystery City resisting the spirit beast fever, residents of the nearby towns and villages can then return home safely once the attacks ended.

However, the spirit beast fever was due to come at a really bad time this year round!

Bu Fang returned to the tents of the Cooks' Army Unit.

Ni Yan actually trailed behind him and followed him back to the tents. Ever since she learned that Bu Fang was cultivating his cooking in the Cooks' Army Unit, she became highly intrigued and insisted on stringing along.

Ni Yan was a spectacular cook herself but was always eager for more gourmet delicacies. Getting to taste Owner Bu's dishes was, of course, a rare opportunity.

However, for the next few days, Bu Fang did not cook as much as before. Due to the fact that Ni Yan and Tang Yin now recognized his identity, he had officially returned to his usual stony demeanor. The number of dishes he made then became limited.