Untangling the Old Strings

Scene 1:
At dinner table,
Aum: P'Hazel, (*In Thai, Phi or variably P is used to refer to someone older than you) you want some more Som Tam (*a Thai salad)?

Scene 1: At dinner table,Aum: P'Hazel, (*In Thai, Phi or variably P is used to refer to someone older than you) you want some more Som Tam (*a Thai salad)?

Hazel: Mai dai (*I can't in Thai). I have already eaten so much but Uncle, I will have to say your food is much better than restaurant cooked food. Oroi Jing Jing ka (*very tasty in Thai).
Uncle: Well, the food is not prepared by me. Your sister cooked this for hours. You should tell her.
(*Aum shies as Hazel turns to her.)
Hazel: (*while pulling Aum's cheeks) That's really good! Our little Aum has grown up a lot.
(*They all laugh and talk. The camera focus is blurred)
Scene 2:
Gorya and her family is having food.
Gorya's mother: Tomorrow is your graduation day. I'm so happy. See, I have gotten my facial done, I must look good tomorrow.💅🏻
(*Glakao chokes while laughing)
Gorya's father: Come on, honey! It's our daughter's graduation ceremony. No one's is coming to see you. (*Gorya's mother makes a face)

Gorya's father: Now, let's celebrate! Also, I earned a huge profit today

Gorya's father: Now, let's celebrate! Also, I earned a huge profit today. Our business is improving, maybe our good days are coming really soon. On that note, cheers!🥂
(*They eat and Gorya walks into the kitchen to fetch water.)
Gorya's mother: Gorya will be leaving for Phuket day-after tomorrow, so we have to prepare a lot of things for her departure.
Gorya's father: I am just too worried for her.
Glakao: Can't she find herself a job in Bangkok itself?
Gorya: Mea, Phaw, Glakao, I am just going for the 3-weeks internship. If they will like my work, I will be appointed as the Sales Head in their Bangkok branch. So, don't worry. (*She hugs them as she speaks those words.)
Scene 3:
F4 boys are sitting in the living room of Akira mansion.
(*TV noises and the sound of slurping noodles.)
Thyme: Ummm. These noodles are just too yummy.
MJ: Probably, my first tasty meal in 3 days. Food in Germany is so very different from ours. I just missed my home-made food.
Kavin: So you should find yourself someone who can prepare food for you and go along with you on every business trip.
Ren: Come on, he already has a woman in his life and I don't think he can move on anyway.
(*TV news repoter's voice is heard)
Reporter: Mrs. Supattra Dokmai Aira has finally returned to Bangkok after 18 years. She will be contesting for the municipal elections.
(*You can definitely sense a streak of tension on the bright faces of the four boys.)
Kavin: Isn't she....(*he pauses)
MJ: Has she come back already?
(*Sensing the induced stress Thyme coughs.)
Ren: (*gnashing his teeth and fists clenched) Why does she have to come back? Doesn't she have her own world in America?
(*Slams the door open and walks out looking extremely dejected.)
Thyme: This is too bad. I can understand the feeling of being abandoned by someone you love unconditionally and his situation is even worse than mine. We need to do something.
MJ: Maybe staying away from her will be a safer option for him.
Scene 4:
At Wattana house's terrace,
Aum: P, tomorrow is my graduation ceremony and since phaw said that he's not feeling well, I want you to accompany me, please.
Hazel: (*Furrows her eyebrows) Tomorrow?
Aum: Yes, why?
Hazel: Actually, I had applied online for a job and tomorrow is the interview.
Aum: Why are you hurrying to get a job? We will manage na, you should take rest for a few days.
Hazel: I don't want to be a burden on you. Moreover, you will be having your basketball practice for the National games, right? What will I do alone at home all these days?
Aum: You can never be a burden. But since you want to, you can find yourself a job. Tomorrow we have the event at 4 in the evening. You can appear in the interview and then come.
Hazel: Then, perfect! I will appear the interview and will reach there on time.
Aum: By the way, what is the name of the company and the post you've applied for?
Hazel: I will be interviewing for the post of PA of the owner of Paramanaatra Groups.
Aum: (*Angrily bangs the small table) You can not join that company! Don't you know the owner is Thyme, one of those super rich brats.
Hazel: (*hesitantly) But he may not necessarily be bad.
Aum: Don't you remember the bullying incident in Köcher High School I had told you about and have you forgotten how phaw lost his legs because of the accident caused by a rich man? That rich man escaped and even refused to pay the compensation. All rich people are same and f4 are the worst of them all. (*she weeps)
Hazel: Aum, please don't judge someone because of his past mistakes and his wealth. Not all people are same, you must not treat all the reach people as a homogeneous group with no variations across individuals.(*Hugs her) Don't worry for me. I'll make it to the ceremony on time and let me just try my luck in this interview once. The pay-scale is good and I'm definitely suitable for this job.
Aum: Fine, but I'm worried for you. That Thyme has an awful temper.
Hazel: He won't harm me.
Aum: Okay, you appear for the interview but reach there at 4.
Hazel: (*smiles) Perfect👌🏻. Now, what shall I do to make my lovely sister smile?
Aum: (*smirks) Since this stupid interview shit caught me off guard, I want to hear to you sing. (*Puppy eyes)
Hazel: Ugh! 😩 Not now na, I'm full.
Aum: Please 🥺. (*Hands her a guitar)
Hazel makes a face but starts singing. You can hear her soft voice amidst the serene sound of the rustling of leaves.
Hazel sings:
"Ja tum thuk thuk yang
Ja tum thuk thuk tahng
Mun tum hai chun nun ro de wa
Ja bpen Chen rai"
{This song's name is Everything by Scrubb.}
Scene 5:
(*Sad melancholic music)
Ren is standing in the balcony,
Ren: Why does this happen to me? If she'd left me years ago, why does she have to come back?
(*The camera focuses on the moon.)
Scene 6:
Hazel is looking at the moon and her eyes are shining bright.

)Scene 6:Hazel is looking at the moon and her eyes are shining bright

*The end*

Next break: Gorya receives a gift. Hazel fights with someone in the office. Thyme walks out angrily. Ren stops a woman, she turns around and he doesn't recognise her and says sorry. Aum waits for Hazel.