Teardrop

Scene 1:
People are leaving the party. Hazel hugs her friend.
Friend: I missed you so much. Now that you're back in Thailand, we'll meet often. Okay na ka?
Hazel: Chai! Memories of our school days are still fresh. I, too have missed you a lot. After all, you were the only friend of this nerd in school.
Friend: Come on! You were never a nerd, you were my closest secret partner.
(*They giggle)
Hazel: (*looks at her watch) Okay then, I shall be leaving now. It's already too late and I'll have to drive a long distance. So, bye-bye!
Friend: Khop khun na! Your presence made my birthday special.
Hazel: Mai bpen rai. (it's okay/ welcome in Thai) Jer gan! (See you in Thai)
Friend: Bye!
Hazel walks out.
Scene 2:
Ren gulps in a glass of wine. Thyme is looking at him with an angry countenance.
Ren: Thyme, my love or you may say my momentary liking for Gorya was totally unconditional. I was glad to see her happy with you and never meant any harm to your relationship. I always kept this secret inside my heart, but today I'm telling you this just because I want you to know that my love was to let her go. Khod tode! I don't want to always feel guilty for having liked my best friend's girlfriend but I also admit that now I only see her as a sister and all I want is you to be with Gorya happily, forever. I didn't want to hide all this from you, MJ and Kavin knew it but I was afraid to tell you because I fear that you would break our friendship. I have already lost a lot of relationships but I can't lose the 3 of you. Can't afford to lose you all. Khod tode na Thyme! (*Weeps bitterly)
Kavin and MJ hug him. Thyme's expressions soften. He walks up to Ren and pats Ren's shoulder.
Thyme: (*tears flowing down his cheeks) Khod tode! I never tried to understand your loneliness. You've always been my greatest support. Loving Gorya was never a crime, rather letting her go was a sacrifice. I love you na bro!
They all hug. They take Ren to the table and they talk.
Scene 3:
Hazel sits inside the car. Pulls out her phone from her pocket.
*4 missed calls from Uncle and Aum*
Hazel: Oh no! 4 missed calls.
Hazel dials Aum's number, puts the call on hands-free mode.
On call,
Hazel: Hello
Aum: Where are you? Phaw is worrying so much, it's already 10pm.
Hazel: Khod tode! (*Looking at her phone screen, opens the mail) I forgot to check the time. Just now I have entered into the car. I'll be there in an hour.
Scene 4:
Ren's phone rings.
*Call from +02 343266591*
MJ: Unknown number?
Ren: (*annoyed) Why is she calling now? (*Throws the phone)
Everyone astonishingly look at him.
Ren: I gotta go now! (*Walks away).
Scene 5:
Hazel reads the mail while on call with Aum.
From: paramanaatra.groups@gmail.com
SUB: Approval of Job Application
Ms. Hazel Sæwengha Wattana,
Congratulations! Paramanaatra Groups' CEO, Thyme Akira Paramanaatra has considered your job application and you have been hired for the applied post of PA. Looking forward to discussing the terms & condition with you. Anticipating an early response.
Regards,
Parama Groups Co.
On call,
Aum: Okay, you....
Hazel: (*excitedly)Shiaaa!
Aum: What's wrong?
Hazel: Nothing's wrong but everything will be right here after!
Aum: Arai na?
Hazel: I got hired by Paramanaatra Groups.
Aum: (*excitedly) Really? Congratulations!
Hazel: Khop khun na. I'm so excited, I'll work really hard.
Aum: (*nonchalantly) But work with that Thyme?
Hazel: Come on! At least now your sister has a well-paid job.
Aum: Ummmm.... I'm happy for you but...
Hazel: No more ifs and buts. I'm coming! We'll celebrate in our old way tonight.
Aum: Okay! Drive safely.
Hazel: Yup! I'm coming wait.
*Disconnects call*
Hazel opens Spotify and plays music.
Music:
mae mai dai ron raeng
dtae chan go bpit tang ta lae jai
lop nai kwam meut mit
meuan chan yang mai kukuan gap kwam rak
glua tam hai krai dtong jep cham
lae kwam rak kong chan kong bpen dang ngao meut phai nai jai
{Silhouette by Win Metawin}
Scene 6:
MJ walks behind Ren followed by Thyme and Kavin. Ren starts his car, MJ quickly jumps inside the car. Ren drives away at a high speed.
Music continues in the background:
yang wat glua ti ja deun kam bpai
peua rak krai sak kon
bpen dang kon ti long tang
pitwang tuk yang yang glua krai ti kao ma
{The lyrics are symbolic of Ren's current state of mind because it means:
Not ready yet for a new start
And to love someone
Like a lost little soul
I've been hurt before, scared to let someone in}
Scene 7:
Thyme and Kavin get into a car. They ask the chauffeur to follow Ren's car. Thyme looks stressed.
Kavin: (*pats Thyme's shoulder) Don't worry! Ren will be all right.
Thyme: I know Ren will not be affected by today's episode and in fact, he must be feeling much relieved upon having poured his heart out. But I'm worried about his mea.
Kavin: Krub! Aunty Supattra could never be a good mom. When Ren needed her the most she left him and now when he's trying to overcome his problems she is again creating turbulence in his life. If she doesn't want to stay with him then why does she want to meet him?
Thyme: Whatever her intentions maybe, but Ren still loves his mea a lot and I'm apprehensive that he might end up getting hurt once again because of that woman.
Kavin: This time, I don't know how we will be able to control him without Mira.
Thyme: Wish Mira was back but that's impossible, so, maybe someone else or something else who can be a mental support for Ren. Gosh!
Kavin sighs.
Kavin: Drive fast!
Scene 8:
Ren's car is moving at an extremely high speed.

MJ: Ren! Slow down

MJ: Ren! Slow down. There's so much fog, the route isn't clearly visible.
(*Ren drifts the car, MJ loses balance)
MJ: Ren! Why have you taken this turn? This road is too narrow. (*Ren ignores)
Scene 8:
Hazel is singing, whistling and driving.
Hazel: Finally, I have got a job. Now, all you need to do is focus. Focus, Hazel! Focus!
(*She turns her car towards a narrow lane.)

*The End*

Author's note: Guys, here's a sudden twist in the storyline. Please let me know if you're liking the storyline or not. Comment down a '👍🏻' if you like it. Thank you.🙏🏻