Fresh Blossoms

Scene 1:
Thyme: Gorya, I thought you would look like a monkey in this graduation robe, but
(*Gorya hits Thyme on his arm)
Thyme: (*sulking) Oiiii, I was about to tell you that unlike my expectations you're looking extremely gorgeous, but I've changed my mind. I guess you rather resemble a gorilla. (*Everyone laughs)
Gorya: (*angry) Thyme, you're so irritating! (*Chases him amidst the crowds.)
{Ufff, this messy couple.}
Kaning: (*looks at Kavin) When will these two kids grow up?
Kavin: (*so much done with childish Thyme) They aren't gonna grow up any way. (*He slowly removes her windswept hair strands from her face) Wanna grab some food after the event?
Kaning: Okay, I'll tell Gorya and Thyme to come along. Will MJ and Ren join us?
Kavin: (*mutters) I thought of planning a date and she's making it a family dinner.
Kaning: Did you say something?
Kavin: No, nothing, you're really a chipmunk. (*Pulls her cheeks)
Gorya and Thyme make funny noises seeing them together.
Uncle Ga enters.
Uncle Ga: Am I late?
Gorya: No, the event hasn't started yet. (*wraps her arm around his shoulder) By the way, how was your date? Kaning told me about it.
Kavin: Ohoooooo!
Uncle Ga: (*flusters) The date? Eh, she turned out to be a bit too old.
*Flashback*
A fat, grey haired old lady is sitting in the restaurant. Uncle Ga reaches and dials Miss Pin's number. She sees the call and turns around to see uncle Ga and waves at him.
Ms. Pin: Sawadee ka, I'm Pin. Nice to meet you.
Hearing her introduction and seeing her age, Uncle Ga runs away from the restaurant.
*Present*
Uncle Ga: (*sighs) That's all about my date.
(*Everyone bursts out into laughter.)

Kavin: Don't worry! We will surely find you someone better

Scene 2:
Ren and MJ park their cars opposite to the university entrance, on the other side of the road. They come out of their cars with sparkling sunglasses on. Everyone turns around to see them.
Hazel is struggling because of the broken sandal. She has almost reached the entrance.
A woman is buying fruits from a vendor, her kid suddenly frees himself from her grip and runs behind a butterfly and stands in the middle of the road. A truck is speeding towards him. Very close! 🚛
The mother is scared out of her wits. 😨
Ren runs towards him from the other side of the road. But before he reaches, Hazel quickly picks up the child in her arms and jumps towards the shoulder of the road and falls down with the child secured in her lean arms.
The child's mother runs and quickly takes her child. Ren also runs towards them and slips and slightly bruises him arm on the divider. MJ runs behind him with bottle of water. They both approach Hazel and the child.
The child's mother: (*nervously runs her hands over his arms and legs) Are you all right? Are you hurt? (*Panics)
Child: Mea, I'm fine. (*The mother kisses her child's forehead)
MJ hands her a bottle of water.
Ren and MJ after seeing that the child is fine, go to attend Hazel. You can already see a few people gathered around her. She is awake but her left leg is severely lacerated (perhaps she got this cut while making the leap). She can barely get up. MJ gives her some water.
The child's mother: (*bows) Thank you so much for saving my child. You're truly a blessing for me. Thank you so much. (*She sees Hazel's wound) Her wound is bleeding so much. This needs to be bandaged quickly. You come with me, please, my home is nearby.
Hazel: (*weakly looks at her watch) No, I have to attend my sister's graduation, she must've been waiting for me.
Scene 3:
Aum looks at her watch and worries.
Announcement: All the students are requested to take their seats. Your names will be called one-by-one. You must walk up to the stage and receive your diploma.
Aum: (*to herself) Where are you P?
Friends: Aum, come our names will be called anytime.
Scene 4:
Hazel tries to get up. Ren stops her.
Ren: I guess we have first aid in our car. Please let us help you to come to our car and we will bandage your wound.
Hazel signals yes. Ren bends down to support her and help her get up. The crowd disperses. The woman and her child walk to the other side of the road as MJ and Ren help her to walk up to their car. MJ unlocks the door. Ren makes her sit comfortably in the backseat, facing sideways.
Ren: (*to the woman) You may go. We'll see to it. The kid must be scared. You take him home.
Woman: Khop khun ka, dear. (*pitiably looks at Hazel) Sorry, I couldn't help you.
Hazel: It's okay P. If someone else would have been in my position (s)he would also have saved him. You take this little brave boy home.(*caresses the child's hair.)
The woman walks away with her child. MJ rummages for the first aid kit in the glove compartment. Ren takes Hazel's bruised feet and gently places it on his lap and takes off her sandal. She groans a bit.
MJ brings the tincture of iodine and pours it on the cotton wool. He slowly presses the cotton wool on her wound as she grunts in pain.
Hazel: Khop khun ka. I don't even know you, but both of you are helping me so much. You seem rich but are still helping an ordinary girl, you guys are literally angels. Thank you so much na ka.
MJ: (*eyes wide open) You don't know us?
Hazel: Mai chai. Why? Are you popular? I mean I have recently shifted from Singapore and I am not much familiar with the people here.
MJ: Oh, I see.
Scene 5:
Aum is still waiting at the entrance.

Announcement: Miss Lena Intira Kanya come up to the stage

(*Applause)
Aum: Don't ditch me now, P'. (*Restlessly biting her nails)
Scene 6:
Ren is bandaging her wound.
Hazel: (*looking at Ren's bruised arm) P' you too are hurt let me help you. (*She quickly takes a piece of clean cotton from MJ and cleans Ren's wound. She applies an antiseptic cream on it.)
Ren sighs.
Hazel: (*looks sympathetically at him) Does it hurt a lot? Sorry. Just a minute, and it is done.
Ren looks affectionately into her eyes.
*Awkward silence*
{MJ being a third wheel.}
MJ: (*coughs) You said you were going somewhere?
Hazel: Shiaaa, I forgot, I'm getting late, today's my sister's graduation ceremony. I gotta go. (*Tries to get up but sits back in pain)
Ren: And where exactly is the location?
Hazel: It's just over there. (*points out at Thamassat University entrance)
MJ: What a coincidence! We are going there as well. Come, we will help you cross the road.
Hazel nods. They both help her get up and take her to the University.

*The End*

Next break: Aum is walking up to the dais. Aum shouts at MJ. Hazel gives a juice to Ren. Ren sees a woman from behind and runs after her, calling her Mea.

Author's note:
Dear readers,
5 chapters published already. Do you feel that the storyline is a bit too cliché? Please let me know. Happy reading!