Mishap Before the End of the Night

Scene 1:
The road looks unclear, covered with fog. No other cars can be seen in the narrow lane. Hazel is driving and singing along the song.
Background music:
Pro mai gla po ti ja bok rak
Mai ngai nak ja put kwam cing
Dtae ja tam yang ngai dai nai meua tuk sing
Ti ter nan bpen man tam hai rak kae ter
Koh bpen ti pak nai wela ter ngao
{In the Wind by Dew Jirawat}

Background music: Pro mai gla po ti ja bok rakMai ngai nak ja put kwam cingDtae ja tam yang ngai dai nai meua tuk singTi ter nan bpen man tam hai rak kae terKoh bpen ti pak nai wela ter ngao{In the Wind by Dew Jirawat}

*Phone rings*
Incoming call from Saturn Music Studio
*Hazel answers*
On call,
Hazel: Hello??
Caller: Hello! This is Carl Olson from Saturn Music Studio, California. You'd sent us an audio clip....
Hazel: Khod tode, I can't hear you. The network is erratic.
Caller: Hello?
Hazel: Can you hear me?
MJ: Ren, stop there's a car ahead. (*Tries to control the steering wheel)
Phone slips from Hazel's hand, Hazel bends to pick it up. As she rises, she sees Ren's car  speeding towards hers. Ren panics. He tries to slow down, but it's already too late. Hazel tries to drift quickly and her jalopy ends up colliding with a tree. Ren somehow stops his car at a distance and both Ren and MJ quickly get down and run to check on Hazel. The road is too dark. Hazel is unconsciously lying inside the car. Her throat area resting on the steering wheel, bleeding.
They rush towards Hazel's car. The car's bonnet is completely damaged, smoke is emanating from the engine. Ren and MJ hastily open the front door and pull Hazel out of the car. Thyme and Kavin reach the spot. They nervously come to check.

Kavin: Shiaaa! She's awfully injured

(*Blood is flowing down Hazel's forehead and down  her throat. It's quite dark and Ren and MJ are not yet able to recognise Hazel's face.)
Ren: (*rests her bleeding head on his thighs) What have I done?
MJ: Calm down, Ren!
Kavin: She requires immediate treatment.
Thyme: MJ, Kavin, take her to Aira hospital in your car.
MJ: Chai!
Ren: (*nervously) Mai dai! Let me pay for my sins. It's all because of me. Let me take her. (*Ren picks her up in his arms, unaware of who she is and makes her sit in the passenger seat and asks the driver to get down)
Kavin: Mai dai, Ren! You're already drunk. Let the chauffeur drive.
Ren: Okay, but let me accompany her to the hospital. At least, I can get the proceedings done more quickly. The entire responsibility must be mine. She is hurt because of me.
MJ: Calm down, Ren! You do one thing, you make her sit in the backseat along with yourself. (*Ren nods and picks her up and they both sit in the backseat )
MJ quickly sits in the passenger seat.
Thyme: Kavin, you too go with them. Ren is panicking a lot. He needs your help. Let me just call my driver for help. We'll have to take this car and her belongings as well.
Kavin: Very well! (*Kavin sits next to where Hazel is seated, unconscious)
MJ rumagges in the glove compartment for first aid box. He turns on the courtesy light (lights in the interior of a car) but doesn't find the box.
Ren turns to Hazel and stands shock seeing her face.
Yes! This was the face he was constantly thinking about and now it is smeared with blood trickling down the lacerated wound on her forehead. Those two eyes which shone like stars now were closed. A tear flows down Ren's flushed cheek.
Ren: (*in a low voice) This isn't possible!
MJ: (*turns around to see Hazel) Aum's sister, again?
Kavin: You guys know her?
MJ: Krub! She is Aum's cousin.
Kavin: You mean your basketball mate's cousin?
MJ: Chai!
They reach Aira hospital. Ren quickly gets down and holding Hazel in his arms walks into the hospital. He calls out his staffs and seeks emergency treatment. His staff rushes to call the specialist on their boss' order. {Only if you don't know, Ren is the Head of Aira Group of hospitals, so in that capacity, he is their boss}
Hazel is taken to the emergency room. Ren stands outside it restlessly. Every now and then he checks through the see-through circle on the hospital door.
The doctor comes out.
Doctor: Sir, that girl's head injury is not very severe but we are afraid that the internal injury in the throat area might have long-term implications. Otherwise the complications are less. We've run a few tests, results will decide what to do next.
Ren: Just do anything but I want her to be absolutely fine.
Doctor: Well, this seems to be a hit and run case. The perpetrator has to pay the compensation, have you seen the person by any chance?
Ren: (*pauses) It was me, and I ready to take the blame and the responsibility for her entire medical treatment.
Doctor: Okay, a few formalities will have to be done.
Kavin: I'll get it done.
Doctor: Come with me please. Also, could you please try to contact her family? She might need her family's support.
Ren: Can I go inside and check on her once?
Doctor: Yeah sure! But she's unconscious right now. Probably will come back to her senses in an hour.
Scene 2:
At the hospital lobby,
Kavin: MJ, are you sure she's Aum's cousin?
MJ: Chai! We met her on the graduation day. That day too she was about to meet with an accident but nothing much happened. Ren and I myself did her first-aid. I still can't believe that the girl we just met a few days ago is now in this condition because of us. I should have driven the car instead of letting Ren drive it.
Kavin: Don't worry! It was an unfortunate accident. I'm pretty sure she will make through it soon. But if you're sure she is Aum's sister, why don't you call her and let her know about the accident? Do you still have her number?
MJ: (*nods) But do you think she'll pick?
Kavin: (*assuring) At least try once! That girl needs her family right now.
MJ agrees. He calls Aum.
Scene 3:
Thyme is getting Hazel's car taken away for repairing. He grabs the phone and purse from inside the car and gets into his car. The driver drives him to the hospital.
Scene 4:
It's 1:45 am, Aum and her father are still waiting for Hazel.
Uncle: Why hasn't she reached yet?
Aum: (*stressed) I don't know, when I called her at 11, she was about to leave for home. She should've reached a long time ago.
Uncle: Have you asked her friend?
Aum: Yes! She told me she left at 11 itself.
Uncle: Try her phone again!
As soon as Aum takes the phone to call Hazel, her phone rings.
*Incoming call from Unknown number
+02-356789024*
Aum: (*frowns) Whose number is this? Who must be calling at this hour?
Aum picks up the call and puts it on loudspeaker.
On call,
Aum: Hello, who's this?
MJ: Hello, Aum!
Aum: (*recognises his voice) MJ?
MJ: Chai!
Aum: (*irritably) Why are you calling me, huh? I'll break your hekkin' head. You brat! (*Proceeds to disconnect the call)
MJ: (*in a pleading tone) Aum, please wait! Your sister is in hospital.
Aum: What? Is this a joke?
MJ: No she's in Aira hospital. Please come here asap.
Aum disconnects and quickly runs out, pulling her father along in his wheelchair. They stop a taxi and ride it to the hospital.

*The End*