At Daybreak

Scene 1:
Ren is asleep, he is sitting on the stool, his hands supporting his chin. Aum and Hazel are also sleeping. MJ enters.
MJ: (*he walks to Aum and speaks in a low voice) Aum, wake up! It's 5:20 already.
(*Aum opens her eyes partially and jumps up seeing MJ)
Aum: Oiii
MJ: Shhhh! 🤫 They are both sleeping. (*Points at Ren and Hazel)
Aum: (*in a low voice) What are you doing here?
MJ: Don't you have to go for practice?
Aum: Nah! I'm not going today.
MJ: Did you tell your coach?
(*Aum recalls her coach warning her not to skip practice)
Aum: But how am I supposed to leave her alone?
MJ: Again the same drama? I am here to substitute you in the hospital because I don't want someone else to substitute you on the field. I know your potential and I don't want your hardwork to go in vain. (*he pauses to see Aum looking at his eyes, he stutters) I mean, Hazel is my sister also, I too am responsible for taking care of her.
Aum: How come she be your sister?
MJ: You don't have time to listen to my explanation, for now you leave if you want.
(*Aum walks away scratching her head and making a face)
MJ sits on the couch reminiscing his basketball practice with Aum.

(*Aum walks away scratching her head and making a face)MJ sits on the couch reminiscing his basketball practice with Aum

Scene 2:
Thyme is sleeping on his bed. Gorya is coming towards him. He smiles seeing her.
Thyme: Gorya, you are back? I missed you so much.
Gorya: (*romantically comes closer to Thyme) I too missed you a lot, that's why I have a gift for you.
Thyme: (*mischievously smiles and licks his lips) What is it?
Gorya: It is..... (*pulls out a stick from behind and starts beating Thyme)
Thyme: (*shouts) Oiiiii, Gorya
Gorya: (*continues beating him) Why the heck didn't you pick my calls last night? I was so worried. I couldn't sleep whole night and came back at once in the earliest flight to just see you sleeping here in peace. (*Beats him even harder)
Thyme: Ouch! Gorya!
Thyme opens his eyes and realises that it was just a dream. Gorya has not come back but she definitely had called him several times last night.
Thyme: (*mutters) Shiaaa! I'm such a hopeless person, she called me so many times and I forgot to call her back. Ugh, where did I keep my phone now? (*Looks for his phone and finds it on the charging table)
(*Thyme calls Gorya)
Scene 3:
Gorya is sleeping. Her phone rings. She jumps up to check her phone.
*Call from Thyme <3*
(*Gorya answers the call)
On call,
Gorya: (*breathlessly) Thyme, Thyme, are you alright? Is everything fine, there? I called you so many times yesterday.
Thyme: (*laughs) Gorya, calm down, if you'll take so much stress, your blood vessels will rupture someday. I'm absolutely fine.
Gorya: (*drowsily) Shiaaa, Thyme, it's just 5:31 and what made you call so early in the morning, I got scared.
Thyme: Khod tode. I couldn't answer your calls last night, I was in an important business party of Mr. Thongthan, do you remember, I told you about him?
Gorya: Thongthan? Thongthan, who?
Thyme: My business partner!
Gorya: Oh yes! The one you were supposed to sign a deal with, right?
Thyme: Chai! His threw a party for his son, who came from abroad just a few days ago.
Gorya: Ohhh! By the way, did he speak with you about the deal?
Thyme: Mai dai, he was quite busy, but he told me that his son wants to have a meeting before finalizing. Gorya, you know what? This deal is super imp. I need to crack this at any cost.
Gorya: Come on! I have full faith in you, you will definitely do it.
Thyme: I am not sure this time. That Arthit seems to be a tough nut to crack.
Gorya: Arthit, who?
Thyme: Mr. Thongthan's son.
Gorya: Okay, I get it. (*Yawns)
Thyme: What time will you leave for office?
Gorya: 9:20
Thyme: You can still sleep for another 2 hours. Sleep, okay?
Gorya: Ummm. (*Awkward silence) Thyme?
Thyme: Umm
Gorya: Everything's okay there, right? You aren't stressed about anything?
Thyme: Nothing like that, Gorya. Why are you asking?
Gorya: Nothing. Just don't miss me a lot, okay?
Thyme: (*teasingly) Why would I miss you? I was rather thinking of finding someone new.
Gorya: Oiiii
Thyme: (*smiles) Just joking, Gorya. Everyday, I'm just waiting for your return. Phom rak na (*I love you in Thai) Gorya.
Gorya: Chan Rak khun! (*Blushes) Okay then, bye-bye!
Thyme: Bye!
*Call disconnects*
Gorya sees Thyme's picture on her phone's lockscreen and kisses it.
Gorya: Missing you a lot, Thyme!
Scene 4:
Hazel wakes up from sleep. She sees MJ sitting on the couch and using his phone. She then turns to Ren and sees him sleeping in a sitting position. She looks at him and admires his innocent countenance. She tries to grab the glass from the bed table and mistakenly drops the glass and the drawing book. MJ comes quickly, Ren too wakes up. Ren picks up the glass. MJ picks up the drawing book and keeps it back on the table.
MJ: You woke up early today. That's good. How are you feeling now, dear sister?
(*Ren fills water in the glass and gives it to Hazel, she drinks it and bows with gratitude and smiles at MJ.)
MJ: I have already sent Aum for practice and I am here at your service.
(*Hazel smiles brightly)
Ren: MJ, are you going to skip your meetings even today?
MJ: Hmm.
(*Hazel furrows her eyebrows)
Ren: You should go today. These days, I'm not very busy, so I can easily stay back but what about you?
MJ: I don't know, I find peace here. I mean, I've never had a sister, nor did I ever donate blood. But now that I gave her my blood and accepted her as my sister, I feel like taking full care of her, just like a real big bro. (*Pats Hazel's forehead, leaving Ren frowning)
Ren: But a big bro needs to fulfil his other duties as well!
MJ: Chai, I know that. That's why I came here early, so that I can stay here and in the meantime you can go back home and freshen because at 1:30 pm, I have a site visit and later on a meeting with Mr. Vaz. But why are you so excited to send me away, huh? Don't worry I won't hit on her, she's my sister. (*Hazel looks away shyly)
Ren: Shut up! By the way, how was the party last night?
MJ: (*with sudden excitement) Grand, is the word! I and Kavin had a great time watching all the hot ladies there.
(*Hazel coughs hearing his reply)
Ren: Come on! Grow up now. You both will have to get married soon, so stop behaving like teenagers.
MJ: Shiaaa, Ren you are old, we are still sweet 16 from within. (*Ren rolls his eyes and Hazel giggles)
Ren: At least, be alright in front of Hazel. Don't you remember who her sister is?
MJ: (*dashingly) Ren, I'm yet single and although people can fall in love with just one person, but how can they stop themselves from looking at others? You need not love the 'others'. Isn't it, Hazel? (*Winks at her, she nods smilingly) See, even she agrees with me.
(*Ren is frustrated)

*The End*