Florescence

Scene 1:
MJ is seated on the attendant stool. Hazel is lying on the bed.
MJ: (*crosses his arms) You are probably Aum's aunt's daughter, right? (*Hazel nods) Chai! She used to tell me a lot about you. (*Hazel passes a weak smile)
MJ: (*shyly) I mean, we used to be friends once but.... Eh, leave it.
Nurse enters.
Nurse: Sir, could you please excuse me, I need to change her dressings.
(*MJ stands up and walks out)
Nurse takes off the bandages from the lacerated wound on her forehead, blood trickles down as she does so. Hazel groans and tears flow down her cheeks.
Nurse: Miss, you are lucky, you made out of such a major accident. Although you've lost your voice but you see your legs and arms are absolutely fine, they are not even bruised. And the doctor says that vocal exercises can bring back your voices. After getting discharge, when you go home, you must only have warm water. (*Hazel nods)
Nurse: You know what? You are fortunate enough that it was sir Ren who had hit your car. He was so worried about you and I could see the pain in his eyes. Do you know each other? (*Hazel shakes her head) He's really a kind-hearted man.
(*Nurse does her dressing)
(*MJ walks in to take his phone)
Nurse: And, it's done. Does it hurt? (*Hazel nods feebly)
MJ is about to leave.
Nurse: Sir, you may sit now, it's done.
(*MJ nods, he sits beside Hazel)
MJ: (*cleaning a drop of blood off her cheek) It must be hurting a lot na? Khod tode, Ren never intended to crash with your car, it was just that something unwanted happened last night and he was a little bent out of shape {bent out of shape means angry} about it. Seeing the deserted route, he was speeding a bit and could not bring his car to a halt on time and ended up causing the collision. If possible please forgive us for this. (*Folds his hands)
(*Hazel weakly pulls down his hands and smiles at him feebly)
MJ: So, let me be your brother hereon, anytime you need something or some help, feel free to text me up.
Scene 2:
Aum reaches home, tired. Uncle comes out of his room on his wheelchair.
Uncle: Aum, you've come? Take me to Hazel please.
Aum: No, phaw, you are not well, I won't take you to the hospital. I will go to the hospital but you have to stay back.
Uncle: Mai dai, I want to see my Hazel once, I will come back then, in fact, if MJ is there, he can drop me home.
(*Aum walks in to kitchen, and starts preparing food)
Aum: Shiaaa, why would that degenerate brat bring you home? No need, I will go and video call you. Now, you go and take your medicines, I'm preparing your lunch and dinner as well, I won't come back, I told Auntie Ubon and her son to stay with you tonight.
Uncle: But I wanted to go.
Aum: (*bluntly) That's not possible! (*Uncle has to give up ultimately)
After some time,
Aum dresses in fresh clothes and gets ready to leave.

Aum: Phaw, I'm going now, please have food on time

Uncle: Video call me when you reach. And eat something. (*Aum walks out)
Scene 3:
Thyme walks in with a Get Well Soon greeting card and a steel bottle. Thyme gives the card to Hazel and keeps the bottle on the table.
Thyme: Hazel, how are feeling now? Better? (*Hazel nods) (*shows her a phone) This is your phone I guess, I found it in your car. (*Keeps it on the bedside table) Also, see, this one's for you! (*shows the bottle) On my way I was wondering what to bring for you, so I thought this bottle keeps water warm for a long time, so I thought this would be good for you.
MJ: Fool! You should bring flowers to sick people.
Thyme: Oiii, flowers will wilt but this will not and she can use it whenever she wants.
They continue their silly talk and Thyme continues his childish behaviour. Hazel bursts out into silent laughter seeing their petty quarrel. Ren just then enters and smiles seeing her laugh. He stands at the threshold of the ward, happy seeing Hazel laughing. Kavin hits him from behind.
Kavin: Why are you smiling here alone?
Ren: (*embarrassed) Oh nothing, I came just now. Went home to freshen up. Come in.
They walk in. Kaning walks up to Hazel and shows her the bouquet with a get well soon message and places it on the table.
Kaning: I heard about you from Kavin and couldn't stop myself from meeting you once. Are you feeling better now? (*Hazel nods) Well, I'm Kaning, Kavin's... (*pauses and looks at Kavin)

MJ: (*dramatically) Come on, say it, that you're Kavin's sudteeluk

MJ: (*dramatically) Come on, say it, that you're Kavin's sudteeluk. His oxygen, apple of his eyes. (*Kaning shies)
Kavin: (*with a restraining look) I guess that's enough, you've already given a lot of information.
(*They all talk)
Thyme: Oiii, I forgot to tell you guys. Do you all remember Khun Thongthan came to invite us last week for his son's homecoming party?
Kavin: Oh yeah, phaw was telling me about it this morning.
MJ: We will have to go there! Can't skip that rich chap's party. After all, he is an important investor in each of our business ventures.
(*Ren remains silent)
Kaning's phone rings.
*Incoming call from Gorya*
(*Kaning answers)
On call,
Kaning: Hello, Gorya
Gorya: Kaning, sorry, I'm calling you again, but have you met Kavin lately?
Kaning: Yes, I'm with him right now.
Gorya: Is it? (*Pauses)
Kaning: Chai, you want to ask him something?
Gorya: Mai chai, (*in a low voice)about Thyme, (*loudly) forget it! Where are you now?
Kaning: Right now, actually I'm in..... (*Thyme signals no) Maytee O'Gardens. Uncle Ga went out, so I'm looking after the shop and Kavin and MJ are with me.
Gorya: Okay, you continue. I will call you later.
Kaning: Bye!
*Disconnects call*
Kavin: (*to Thyme) Why did you stop her from telling Gorya?
Thyme: I haven't informed her about the accident yet, she's already under job pressure, I don't want her to take extra stress. Let her come back, we'll tell her then
Kaning: Chai! Gorya is oversensitive. She'll be worrying about it and would insist on meeting Hazel. Better let her come back, then we can make her meet Hazel.
(*Doctor walks in with the nurse)
Doctor: Could you all please leave for a moment? I need to do her check-up.
(*Everyone stands to leave)
Kaning: (*touches Hazel's cheek) I shall be leaving now, okay? Please get well soon!
(*They walk out)

*The End*