CHAPTER 4

What made Qu Zhitao breathe a sigh of relief was that when she went downstairs, the elders in the family were not at home except for Grandma Liao, who was sitting on the sofa watching TV as usual.

Uncle Liao's family does not live here. Yesterday, they only stayed here for one day because Liao Jilin and Qu Zhitao got married, and then returned to the military compound not far from here in the evening.

Grandma Liao used to live in Uncle Liao's house. She got tired of living there, so she didn't leave and planned to stay with her second son for a while.

When Qu Zhitao came down, she glanced at her, then turned back and continued to stare at the TV, but her mouth was not idle: "Which new wife would want you to wake up like this? The sun would reach your buttocks. When I was young, , you have been taken care of by your mother-in-law a long time ago."

"Grandma, please watch TV."

Liao Jilin went over and sat next to Grandma Liao, then turned around and told Qu Zhitao not to pay attention and go to the kitchen to eat.

On this day, Qu Zhitao was in low spirits. Liao Jilin asked her if she wanted to go out to play. She refused and found a copy of Dream of Red Mansions in the study. She and Liao Jilin were holding the book in their arms and reading it.

After washing up in the evening, Qu Zhitao sat in front of the dressing table with a comb and combed slowly.

"Liao Jilin, do you think my hair is too long?"

Liao Jilin came over and ran his hand through her hair. The smooth feel made him couldn't help but touch it twice more.

Qu Zhitao stopped combing her hair and looked back at him.

Liao Jilin retracted his movements as if nothing had happened, and his voice did not change at all: "Not long."

"But I think it's long."

Liao Jilin said nothing.

"I want to cut it a little."

"Then cut it."

Qu Zhitao put down the comb and stood up: "When you come back from my mother's house tomorrow, can you go with me to get a haircut?"

She looked at him: "Okay? Okay?"

Liao Jilin turned his head: "Yeah."

Qu Zhitao instantly smiled and discussed with him which shop had better hair cutting techniques.

Although Liao Jilin felt that every family was similar, seeing that his wife was so interested, he wisely did not say what was on his mind and responded to Qu Zhitao's words.

The next day was Sunday and they didn't have to go to work. Qu Zhitao and Liao Jilin went back to their parents' home together.

Xu Gehong prepared generous gifts for the two of them, including two fish, five pounds of meat, two bottles of wine, plus snacks, candies, cigarettes, malted milk, etc.

Qu Zhitao was stunned when she saw the pile of gifts piled on the ground. She turned to look at Xu Gehong who was still packing her things, and hurriedly stopped her: "Mom, that's enough. These are enough, any more for me and you." Ji Lin can't take it anymore."

But Xu Gehong said gently and forcefully: "It's not much. Let Ji Lin take it later. He can handle it. Your mother married such a good girl like you, so she can't be rude when she returns home, otherwise If people see it, they will say that I am dissatisfied with you."

As she said that, she took a few cans of good tea from the cabinet and put them on.

The Qu family is in this courtyard, and Qu Zhitao and Liao Jilin walked over.