CHAPTER 10

Liao Jilin prepared the meal for the evening in the cafeteria. It had both meat and vegetables, but because it was a big pot meal, although it didn't taste bad, it wasn't delicious either.

The next day, Qu Zhitao was called up by the loud sound of the horn, and soon the sound of soldiers shouting slogans during training could be heard outside.

Apart from anything else in the army, the routine of work and rest must be the most regular.

Qu Zhitao went to bed early last night because she was too tired. When she woke up, she felt particularly comfortable. The bed was just a little hard and she wasn't used to it yet.

After eating the breakfast that Liao Jilin brought from the cafeteria, the two set out to go shopping in the city.

The sun was hot in summer, so Qu Zhitao asked Liao Jilin to take more: "Comrade, don't worry, no one can steal anything from under my nose, Ge Laoliu."

For some reason, there were so many people buying cloth today. Qu Zhitao frowned as she looked at the long queue and the people who bought several meters at a time.

Liao Jilin came over: "What's wrong?"

"See for yourself, why are there so many people buying cloth?"

Liao Jilin knew this, "It should be that the cloth has just arrived, and the people are afraid that it will be sold out and they won't be able to buy it, so there are so many people."

Qu Zhitao also wants to buy cloth. She needs cloth for the sheets, bedding, curtains and tablecloths at home. But with so many people, she was afraid that she would be stuck in a queue and not be able to buy the fabric she liked.

"Get in line."

Even if there are many people, you have to wait in line. There is only one department store in Ling City. If you don't buy here, there is no other place to buy.

"Liao Jilin, I'll wait in line. You go and buy a quilt. It should be thick and soft. One should weigh more than ten kilograms, and one of five or six kilograms will do. You also know the size of our bed. Compare the size of the bed when buying. Buy two."

"good."

Qu Zhitao waited in line for more than an hour before it was finally her turn to buy cloth.

There were not many colors left in the fabric, and the salesperson told her that fabrics like the particularly popular red flower cloth and Feng Chengxiang fabric were no longer available.

Qu Zhitao didn't say that even if she had it, she wouldn't be prepared to buy that kind of large floral cloth. It would challenge her aesthetics too much.

The salesperson also recommended a fabric from Deliang to her, saying it was very popular, but Qu Zhitao also refused.

She had already calculated how much fabric she needed at home, and directly selected a few plain cotton printed fabrics, twill cotton printed fabrics, and pure white fabrics with relatively elegant colors and styles.

The prints include plaids and stripes, and the colors are goose yellow, light blue, light orange, and light brown. They all look warm and elegant.

She also didn't forget the blue fabric Sister Shi asked her to buy.

Carrying a large pile of fabrics, Qu Zhitao attracted the attention of everyone in line.

"How many cloth tickets will it cost to buy so much?"

"They are rich."

"Looking at what she wears, it looks good. No wonder she bought so many at once."

"It's not like being rich is such a waste of money."