CHAPTER 73

Zhou Zhaodi smiled bitterly, shook her head and said, "I know the danger, but Dongyu's father doesn't care about her, and neither does my mother's family, so this is the only way. It's okay, I'll ask the captain's wife to pay more attention and come here to see her more."

"What about tonight?" Qu Zhitao asked.

"You can only let her sleep alone and lock the door."

Qu Zhitao frowned even more. She looked at Zhou Zhaodi's home and said to her: "The situation in your house is that it won't open as soon as the door is kicked."

Zhou Zhaodi was also worried. She thought for a moment and said, "If it doesn't work out, I'll send her to stay at the captain's house for a few days."

Qu Zhitao noticed that Dong Yu's body trembled twice. She looked at Zhou Zhaodi and begged, "Mom, I can stay at our house by myself. I don't want to go to the captain's house."

"Why don't you want to go? Your aunt is so kind to you."

No matter how Zhou Zhaodi asked, Dong Yu just didn't answer, just shook his head and refused to go there, preferring to live alone.

Zhou Zhaodi looked like she was going to be furious. She was really worried about her daughter being alone at home. After all, not everyone in the village was good, so there was hope that their family would get worse.

Qu Zhitao looked at Dong Yu and then at Zhou Zhaodi. She said, "Sister Zhou, stop talking and let Dong Yu stay with me for a few days. She is also on vacation, and she happens to be doing homework at my house."

Zhou Zhaodi's first reaction was to refuse: "No, no. Sister, you have helped me enough. I can't trouble you like this anymore."

Zhou Zhaodi always disagreed. After Qu Zhitao said it several times, she nodded gratefully and almost knelt down in front of Qu Zhitao again.

"Sister Zhou, when you leave, send Dong Yu to the door of the army and I will pick her up. Don't talk about troublesome things. When something happens to the child, it will be too late for you to regret it."

"I know, I know." Zhou Zhaodi nodded repeatedly, already extremely moved.

After Qu Zhitao left, Zhou Zhaodi turned to Dong Yu and said, "Dong Yu, your Aunt Tao is a noble person in our family. Without her help, we will be poor for the rest of our lives. Come to your Aunt Tao's house and help her with more work." , help her take care of Shushu more, you know? Don't just focus on doing your homework."

"Mom, I know." Dongyu said with her head lowered, but she could feel her relief.

Two days later, Zhou Zhaodi packed up her home and brought Dong Yu to the army. Xiao Song delivered the package and sent a message to Qu Zhitao.

"Sister-in-law, someone is looking for you outside."

"Who?"

Qu Zhitao handed him a piece of watermelon to eat and asked smoothly.

"A woman in her thirties with a ten-year-old child."

"I know who it is. Please run over. There is also watermelon here. Eat more."

Xiao Song waved his hand, ate a watermelon and ran away quickly.

"This kid."

Qu Zhitao arranged the remaining watermelons in a basket, pushed Liao Weishu, closed the door and walked out with the basket.

On the way, I met some family members chatting and working under a tree. When they saw Qu Zhitao, they greeted her warmly and asked her where she was going.