CHAPTER 31

Liao Jilin's recovery lasted until the end of December, and the army will also usher in New Year's Day. Although it was not the Chinese New Year, the army had a performance by a cultural troupe and the soldiers had their own show, which was also very joyful.

The most discussed topic in the family courtyard nowadays is the performance of the cultural troupe.

The last performance was in August, and Qu Zhitao also went to watch it for a while. I have to say that the young girls and boys who can join the art troupe are all capable, and the performances are also very exciting.

Perhaps because of being in the army, or perhaps because the times have not yet fully opened up, the performance of the art troupe has a strong red color.

The troops were in the mountains, and there were no entertainment facilities. Those with TVs couldn't receive a few channels, so everyone was very enthusiastic about the troops' programs on New Year's Day.

Qu Zhitao was also infected by this enthusiasm. With Liao Jilin recovering well from his injury, she has been in a better mood recently.

"Ji Lin, do you want to go to the New Year's Day cultural troupe's performance?"

Qu Zhitao hung up the clothes she had taken back and asked Liao Jilin who was sitting aside.

Liao Jilin can now walk on his own, but his body still can't bear it for a long time, so he is still pushed by Qu Zhitao when he goes out except at home.

Liao Jilin had no interest in the performance of the cultural troupe. He had watched the same program countless times. For him, it was better to go home and read a book than to sit there and be bored.

"I can do it. Do you want to go and see it?"

Liao Jilin looked at Qu Zhitao. It didn't matter whether he wanted to see it or not, but if his wife wanted to see it, he would go with her.

"If there's nothing else to do that night, I'd like to go see it. Those little girls in the art troupe perform quite well."

Liao Jilin nodded: "Okay, I understand."

On New Year's Day, Qu Zhitao and Liu's mother made dumplings together in the morning. The custom here is to eat dumplings on New Year's Day. Of course, you can also eat other things, such as stewed chicken. Anyway, everyone has agreed to eat better on this day.

Liu's mother made the stuffing, and Liao Jilin rolled the dough. Everyone had to help. He couldn't make dumplings, so Qu Zhitao arranged for him to roll the dough.

Because Liao Jilin ate a lot and had to share it with his neighbors later, Liu Ma and Qu Zhitao made a lot of dumplings, which took two pots to finish.

Qu Zhitao can eat quite well now, but she eats small meals frequently. A bowl of dumplings is enough. She eats when she is hungry. Usually she gets hungry faster.

Liu's mother is also controlling her food intake and not allowing her to eat more while ensuring that she can keep up with her nutrition. Otherwise, the fetus will be too big and delivery will be more difficult.

Most of the pot of dumplings was eaten by Liao Jilin.

The dumplings stuffed with pork and celery were full of meat, big and fragrant, and Liao Jilin looked satisfied after eating them.

Qu Zhitao put down her chopsticks first. While Liao Jilin was still eating, her door was opened.

Qu Zhitao stood up slowly, and Liu Ma went out to open the door first. It was Liang Ning and Ruirui who came over with a bowl of chicken.