CHAPTER 23

The next day, the sky was a little cloudy, but it didn't rain.

Liao Jilin changed into casual clothes and took Qu Zhitao to the temple.

Xu Gehong was originally worried and wanted to go along. But he was held back by Liao Shaoping.

"Auntie, it's hard for the fourth brother to have some alone time with his sister-in-law, so let's not get together and be an eyesore. My fourth brother can take good care of my sister-in-law."

No one knew that Liao Jilin and Qu Zhitao were going to the temple. They only said they were going to the city.

Others did not say that although the situation is better now, Liao Jilin, as a soldier and a member of the National Party, did not say that he was not allowed to go to the temple, but it was best not to let anyone know.

Lingyun Temple is on the mountain and the car cannot go there. Liao Jilin parked the car at the foot of the mountain and helped Qu Zhitao climb the mountain.

Fortunately, the mountain was neither high nor steep, so when Qu Zhitao couldn't walk later, Liao Jilin could still carry her.

So when she arrived at Lingyun Temple, Qu Zhitao was not tired at all, and it was not as uncomfortable as the last time she climbed the mountain.

Not many people came to the temple today, but there were still a few here and there.

Liao Jilin supported Qu Zhitao and stood at the door. She took a deep breath and took away Liao Jilin's hand: "Wait for me outside."

"I'll go in with you."

Qu Zhitao frowned and asked worriedly: "You are a soldier, is it okay to go in like this?"

Liao Jilin said confidently: "I'm not wearing a military uniform, so it's okay."

This kind of private matter doesn't matter unless someone deliberately stares at him and reports it. Even if he reported it, he would ask the teacher to explain: "Female donor, the master has invited me."

"Wait a moment."

Qu Zhitao went out to talk to Liao Jilin. Liao Jilin was worried and followed her there.

Under the guidance of Xiao Sengmi, the two of them came to a quiet courtyard.

There are several peach trees planted in the courtyard. During this solar term, all the flowers on the peach trees have fallen, but there are some green fruits on them.

Arriving at the door, the young monk said to Liao Jilin: "This benefactor, the master only invited a female benefactor."

Liao Jilin frowned, worried about Qu Zhitao, and wanted to force her to follow him in. Qu Zhitao took his hand and patted it: "It's okay. If there is a problem, I will call you directly. I haven't come out for half an hour, so you can just barge in."

Liao Jilin was still worried, but Qu Zhitao was so suspicious that he let go of Liao Jilin's hand and went in.

It was very simple inside, with only one table and two futons, and a monk who didn't look old was sitting cross-legged on the futon, playing chess leisurely.

On the top table, there was still burning incense.

"You came."

"excuse me."

Qu Zhitao clasped her hands together and bent towards him.

"sit."

The eminent monk pointed to the futon opposite him. Qu Zhitao imitated him and sat cross-legged on it.